1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17 R6 ABS, traction control delete or keep it?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ibidu1, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Hey guys im trying to get back into racing, did a few trackdays on my gsxr, and caught the racing bug again. So planning on getting back to racing, I picked up a 2017 R6 its already got a full yosh, gearing, gpr steering, case covers, and many other goodies aswell as an oem quick shifter, abs, traction control. To be honest I dont know nothing about ABS and traction control the setting or how to even set it up. Im assuming traction control is great at the track to help catch you from highsiding, but what about the ABS are you guys deleting this? I see its a pretty big unit

If there are any other pointers aswell ide appreciate it.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

get the dongle to delete the abs.

3. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Any way of getting passed buying a $250 plug adapter?

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Not buying a $10,000 race bike to start with...

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

unfortunately no... abs & tc are comingled.

6. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Actually purchased it wrecked at a much cheaper price, I have other stuff to spend my money on like race fairings, suspension, tires, track fees etc.

7. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

bummer, that freaking sucks

8. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Leave the pump in place and just run lines that bypass it. That’s the cheapest way to handle it.

ibidu1 likes this.
  9. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

This sounds like the way to go! Eventually I may purchase the dongle but for now. Would that kill traction control? Do I just purchase pre 2016 R6 brake lines, do I just use regular bolts to block off the abs ports? Thanks for the tips!

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

left my pump in place and blocked the ports, used 08-16 lines with an rcs19 for deleting ABS. TC still works

11. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Is a brembo mc a must, cant I just run the oem cylinder?

12. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

For the cheapest and easiest... Get 15+ R1 lines, and put some aluminum tape over the ports and ride the bike. You don’t ‘need’ anything else.

ibidu1 likes this.
  13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

They do make NON ABS 17+ brake lines. I have read that some guys are complaining they are a little short. So if you go custom add a couple inches. I bought non ABS lines and had no issues. I pulled my pump and metal lines and got the dongle. They are known to go bad. You will know when your speedo and TC stop working.

14. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

I ended up buying a brembo mc and HEL 2016 r6 lines, ebc pads, im thinking of just buying bolts to just cap the abs pump lines holes and pull the abs fuses.

Also, what traction control settings are you guys running on the track?

15. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i have 08-16 gp lines and they're great.

you dont need to pull the fuse for abs once its bypassed, if you do TC wont work nor will the speedo. for TC levels i run mine at 1 usually

ibidu1 likes this.