1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17+ GSXR 1000 Quick Change Fender Mod

Discussion in 'Tech' started by G8S, Dec 3, 2019.

1. G8S

G8S Member

Hi,

Just curious to see if any of you are running a FFR front quick change kit, and have successfully mastered the front fender portion of the job. I understand how it works and it seems the one mount at the front of the fender would not be enough to keep it stable once cutting the rear tab off the fender. I talked to FFR, but the only recommendation at this time was to cut, trial, and error the solution on the new 1k's (the pics he sent were from a 09-16 1k fender, which has two mount holes on the front). Any pics or explanations are welcome.

Thanks,
    Gates

2. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I have a L74 quick change on the front.
    I never put the fender portion of the quick change kit on but he provides 2 bolts with springs to give max flex. You only use 2 out of the 4 mounting points.
    Carbon fender is a no go it is to rigid and I think smaller aftermarket calipers are required because the rotors are 220 mm.

3. G8S

G8S Member

Thanks for the input. Any other takers with BPF on a 2017+ welcome to share photos of their work! Once the FFR kit gets in and I try it out I'll start sharing progress.

4. 43%burnt

43%burnt Active Member

5. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

Hi,
    Do You have a picture of that setup? I cant find on their website anymore.
    Thank You

6. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I do not....

But if you hold off a little bit... I have a set of GSXR 1000 forks at Evol. They are making endurance front fender mounts for GSXR 1000.

7. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

Thank You.

I'll wait ;)