1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12" wheels on XR100

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by backcountryme, Apr 23, 2014.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Ok, I am looking at moding an XR. I have some MB5 forks coming, and will be adding a big bore kit and some other goodies. I know that most here would say go with 17's, but I have the 12's already. I am just curious if anyone has added a disk wheel to to the XR swingarm and what you did to do it.

2. TurnOne1

TurnOne1 Well-Known Member

Never seen one on 12's. 16's are the norm.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have seen it done, and I have an idea of how to make it work. I was just hoping that someone here might have some info before I go and re-invent the wheel.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Damn I have 14"s on an 80 and you have to be a midget to get any lean angle
    [​IMG]

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I once had an XR100 on 12" inch wheels. Don't do it. Zero cornering clearance. Wear steel shoes on both feet or buy new boots after every race. My current 100 is on 17's. I love it. I have a CR85 USD disc brake front end on it with a twin piston caliper from a 230. I never use the rear brake at all unless I'm taking a shortcut through the infield.

7. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Most people either run a xr80 front and run 16s front and rear. Or 17s. 12 are to small you will drag way to quickly.