1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 AB belly pan

Discussion in 'Tech' started by SDS1, Jan 22, 2020.

1. SDS1

SDS1 Well-Known Member

I've got the Armour Bodies bodywork on my 1199, probably about to get their belly pan.......can someone tell me how the belly pan integrates with the side fairings? Can I keep the lower radiator fan and shroud?

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

it's going to be a squeeze. as far as i remember, the shroud needs to be trimmed and the fan needs to go.

the side fairings are not affected, the pan mounts to the exhaust hangers.
    real fun to bolt that thing on there

3. SDS1

SDS1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I reckon I've got a bunch of work to do to make it work with the OEM silencers, which I'm o.k. with......just didn't want to hack up the side fairings

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

won’t work with oem cans. They take up too much room. There is no pan out there that fits the stock cans

turkey pan is your only option in this case

5. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

I fitted fan on my bike without trimming the shroud, granted I do have D170 exhaust and originally was told that fan will not fit but it does. Guided by info that fan will not fit I made shroud to achieve thinner radiator and fan combo of 2" total thicknes which I didn't use. I can send you some pictures and if you think this may work we can go from there.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Phl218 likes this.
  6. SDS1

SDS1 Well-Known Member

I've got no problem removing the fan....don't really see a need for it anyway. If I can't see a way to trim and re-glass the AB pan to work with the OEM cans I'll just get the Termignonis. I hate to do that since my TuneBoy setup works really well with the modified OEM silencers

borislav and Phl218 like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Who modded them?

8. SDS1

SDS1 Well-Known Member

I did....it's messy and I wouldn't do it again, but I just clipped an access 'window' in the outside part of the sheet metal, chiseled out the cat-con and replaced it with a 6" long piece of 1"3/4 perf'd tubing that's capped on the front end, then TIG'd the sheet metal back in place. Mark Sutton did the dyno tuning and he told me it'd probably work a little better to wrap the perf'd pipe with fiberglass but I'm not cutting them back open since it works so good as-is

Phl218 likes this.
  9. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

PM's you about Tuneboy

10. SDS1

SDS1 Well-Known Member

I've got this belly pan here.....I've never drilled holes in the bottom of one to install it, but it looks like that's what's intended for this one. There's 2 "drill here" divots on the bottom that line up with threaded holes on the bike, am I wrong?

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

They should go in between exhaust hangers and threaded holes in engine.

12. SDS1

SDS1 Well-Known Member

If anyone was interested, I modified the rear part of the AB belly pan to fit between the OEM exhaust. Not a difficult mod. at all.