1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11-year-old boy dying from leukemia wants racing stickers for his casket

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, and some news shows :D

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wonder if there is a way to get him to a motorcycle race....

ToofPic likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who would make up a story like that for stickers?

ToofPic likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As much as I would like to agree, there have been other that have faked major illness for gain. Not many for something as simple as stickers, but enough to warrant verification.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My whole point.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And my point was ...people.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

He’s from Oskaloosa which is very close to Knoxville which is home to the Outlaw/Sprintcar Nationals, which I’m sure is how he developed his passion for being a racing fan. I haven’t read the article as it’s too sad for me. They are having ama flat-track races there in early Sep iirc.
    Cancer is a mother fucker. :(

Bloodhound likes this.
  9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apparently a few local racers know the kid in question firsthand from some dirt track races that direction.

beechkingd, ToofPic and G 97 like this.
  10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

It’s a legit story. The local news even carried an episode about it. I believe the link is in my post.
    As someone else said sadly it’s true.

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

What I have is on the way tonight.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

We got a package going out tomorrow. While it's nothing big. I thought he might like getting something from a kid racer.

Fuck cancer.

ToofPic and DucatiBomber like this.
  13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Nobody. But there are plenty of oxygen wasters who would suck you in with such a story then direct you to their Gofundme (sounds like not the case here)

14. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

TLR67, britx303 and DucatiBomber like this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

badmoon692008, Funkm05 and vfrket like this.
  16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I know a guy who owns midgets. His family has been in the racing game since the 30s with everything from midgets to indy cars. They have had drivers like AJ Foyt, Kasey Kane, Tony Stewart, pretty much a who's who's of racing. He reached out to this boy and offered him an honorary driver contract. He is going to list him in their history of drivers. I thought that was really cool.

backbone, HPPT, Funkm05 and 2 others like this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I hope this poor kid goes out the way he wants,and with as little pain as possible.
    My aunt was told this week cancer is back in her,and her lymph nodes.Its her second battle,and it doesn't look good.
    So sad,she is like another mother to me.Cancer does suck

Razr likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

That’s awesome!!! Having kids now stories like this really get to me, both the fact that he is picking out his casket and that this team is going to reach out to him like that.

What! It’s just allergies...

My first job was in the games at Six Flags. Just before the park would close 2-3 people would come through saying “my kid is dying, would you give me that stuffed xyz?” Every. Single. Night.
    The most expensive prize was the college basketballs for like $3, the rest was junk that Wouldn’t move in the clearance isle at Kmart.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly there are people out there who do it for stickers, cards, cash, attention - whatever.

20. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

We call them "little people" now. And we don't call it ownership anymore, it's "micro-managed care-giving".