1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$10,000 Lightweight sponsorship in CMRA

Discussion in 'General' started by Dadams306, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Dadams306

Dadams306 Member

Hi everyone,

I had the privilege to race at the 2014 GNF with all of you in the lightweight classes and had an absolute ball battling my way up toward the podium from the 13th row. I thought I'd share this news with you all and invite some competition from those of you that live close enough to come and battle for some good payouts. Everyone I met out there was so friendly and we'd like to return some of the hospitality from our racing club. Check out this link on Road Racing World: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/century-trucks-vans-sponsoring-cmra-classes-in-2016/

Our team will try to make your Barber round in July and then the GNF if possible so we love to see some of you maybe at NOLA or Hallet. Texas World Speedway got extended into 2016 so there is still a chance for you to race that iconic track for possibly the last time ever.

Have a great 2016!

Daniel Adams

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sponsorship or contingency ?

This seems more to do with CMRA than WERA.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Considering Mr. Adams is sponsoring classes, its a sponsorship that pays contingency.

CMRA and WERA cross over in many instances and have a good working relationship that is mutually beneficial. Additionally, Mr. Adams' post clearly spells out, at least to a half wit, why he would post it here.

While your dogged protection of valuable WERA bandwidth is admirable, I am confident that the mods and Sean can handle that important duty.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That's fantastic Daniel. Good on yall for sponsoring it. I will see you guys at some of the events and on the grid Sir. :D

6. Awesome.
    This made me laugh during a meeting, thanks for that.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Exactly. Something good for the sport, let's bring that nonsense up.

8. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

And they sell some pretty cool vans.

9. Dadams306

Dadams306 Member

Thank you for all of the replies. I did debate posting but as Fonda Dix (which is hilarious by the way) points 0ut, both clubs have always got along very well and we are excited to see some big lightweight grids returning for 2016. The WERA events that I have been to are always great fun and the racing families are all the same no matter which club they race in. People bend over backwards to help each other out so I thought it would be ok. I wouldn't do it if you all didn't have something to gain and I appreciate the support and any participation. I will digress from here.

Thanks for the plug Rising!:beer:

cajun636 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool!!

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

A question- Is there a reciprocity between the organizations as far as race license? We got to go back to Hallett this past summer and really enjoyed being there as Connie and her crew are awesome. We love the track and would very much like to go back, but not have to deal with the track day situation.

thanks
    M

12. Dadams306

Dadams306 Member

Hallett is an awesome facility and one of our favorites as well. I am not the person who can answer you officially but according to the 2016 License application for CMRA you can purchase a one weekend license for 25 bucks and get straight to racing if you already hold a license with a recognized race organization. In that case, no track day necessary unless you want the track time. See highlighted portion of the application pictures below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the license it's probably easiest just to call or email Nancy in the CMRA office.

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks and thanks. And the May round fits the gap in the Mid Central WERA schedule nicely.