1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Series owners?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dieselboy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

Seemed like Turbotech was saying hes seen it covered before.

2. gogunbaba

gogunbaba Well-Known Member

just edited for you Bud so you can sleep better tonight!

3. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

It's covered under cpo....Have to jump through some hoops, but it's covered....Tech has to file a case with BMW to cover it.

4. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Fuuuuuuug

Reading this thread has me laughing - All the excuses (fuel pumps, gooked up intake valves, injectors, etc...) sound like a TV ad for onea the wonder drugs Big Pharma keeps trying to push (literally) down our throats:

"Within 15 minutes of taking ________ everything will seem as if you have just put on a pair of rose colored sunglasses for the first time".

*Some people who took ________ were more inclined to bleed analy, have severe headaches, and body aches similar to what 5% of the population would feel as if they had contracted Noro Virus.

Other side effects include morning sickness in males, hair growing on palms in females, extreme shrinkage occurs in 50% of male patients.

If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, have thrown one in some broad within the last 3 weeks who might be pregnant, consult a doctor...

Yet you guys actually want to own a POS like this?!! I abso-fukkin'-lutely love it. German Engineering? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

5. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

I did what turbotech said and wrote my dealership an email asking them to notify BMW of the issue on my behalf and BMW came through and fixed the problem for no cost.

Going to go pick up the car tonight.

Thank you for all the advice. Saved me btw 5 and 900 dollars.

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

For giggles and grins Heather and I took a test drive in a 135is convertible last night. I had no intention of falling in love with this car, but I did. Damn that was fun.

I don't have the $55k new price (WTF, I thought this thing was a 1 series), but used prices are pretty reasonable. I only really had one complaint. The DSC liked to kill all the power and make it bog pretty bad. I'd like a traction control that allowed it to slip more.

I have been eyeing an FRS for awhile. My love affair with that died with last night's test drive.

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I drove a few models before I bought my 328i. Its honestly the best driving car I have ever been in and gets 30-32 mpg. I got a great deal on a service loaner with 8k miles on it or I might have bought the 335. The 1 series were fun to drive but I needed a 4 door car.