1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/17/2004

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by atspeed, Jan 17, 2004.

1. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Ge 1:1
    ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

If you have an opinion to state, or a point to make, please post, but if all you're going to do is quote scripture, then please keep them in one place, name it "scripture of the day" or something like that. Thanks.

3. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Hey Zeb,

If you don't want to read it, don't. If you can't figure out by now that any post by atspeed with the day's date on it is scripture, then you deserve the torturous task of reading it.

Remember, this is the politics and religon section.

:D

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Thanks for your bbs etiquette tip, Zeb. You have the option of NOT clicking on a post. I think that Tony, being a WERA chaplain, has earned the right to his scripture posts.

5. ZebProctor1

just asking for common courtesy. Too much to ask obviously

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You are one to talk, Zeb. Has atspeed ever been banned from the bbs? Yeah, you sure showed us Bible thumpers a thing or two with your 1/17/04 post, so you've proven you are very smart.

7. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

you are reading the bible and don't want him to spoil the ending for you. Maybe he should put "spoiler" in the title. :D

(that was a joke...honestly)

8. ZebProctor1

good arguement there :rolleyes:

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

No argument intended; just facts. What's with you today, Zeb? Why the negative vibe? Need a hug or something?

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

well i do see that it all could be in one thread. if you look, this is not a high traffic forum. so soon you'll have the whole front page filled with calendar days. 1-1-04/1-2-04/13-04/1-5-04/ and so on.

i get it zeb. the jesus freaks get uppity sometimes. :D

11. ZebProctor1

And another fact is that if someone wanted to post scripture, they could put it in a single thread each day, instead of a new on that I have to scroll through to find something usefull. If people want to read scripture, there's a bible just about everywhere, pick it up and read it. Believe it or not, not everyone on this bbs is christian.

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

That is a fact. I think Tony's purpose is to share one verse a day. I don't see it as hurtful to non-Christians. You're welcome to your satanic postings if that's what melts your butter. I don't have to read those if I don't wanta. And the Bible is not intended for only Christians. ANYONE is welcome to read it; look in the nightstand of any hotel room. ;)
    BTW, I've read the Koran and I'm not muslim. ;)

13. ZebProctor1

No, it's not harmful, but if all the "real" topics get bumped off the page because there are 30 threads with a seperate date in them with 1 post each, then it is..... what's the harm in putting all in one thread??
    I know the bible quite well actually, I have read the entire king james version, and half of the NIV. I have 3 at my house 2 given to me by churches that I am a member of (one southern baptist, one episcopal). I have read portions of the koran, and other religious writings. I find religion interesting. I also find it brainwashing. No other topic will you find being crammed down a childs throat like religion, I think it should be illegal to teach a child religion until they are 18... you wouldn't let a 8 year old vote try to decide who should be president, so how can we expect them to make an educated decision about whether to embrace religion or not? Parent's don't. They brainwash their kids into religion, and they never are able to escape. :Puke:

14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Well you have your opinion, so I guess we can RESPECTFULLY disagree. FWIW, I don't find the Bible brainwashing, and I'm not really into religion. I think Christianity is more about relationship than religion. ;)

On a lighter note, my little 10 m.o. boy just took 5 steps across the room. :up:

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:up: congrats jay. that's cool.

freak. :D

16. ZebProctor1

Bought time for the brainwashing to begin eh?:D :D :D

Seriously, We CAN agree to disagree, which happens more times than not when talking about religion. Now get off the BBS and go spend some time with that rascal! :beer:

17. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

If you wait such along time to educate someone about God, what criteria will they use to determine right or wrong, or good from evil? Perhaps, acceptance of what is considered normal in today's society? No thanks.

As fathers, we are responsible for the souls of our families. We must insure that they hear and practice the word of God in spirit and in truth. I do not want my children conformed to this world, for what profit is in that? True success is not measured in human terms.

2 Corinthians Chapter 6 Verse 14-15

Do not be yoked with those who are different, with unbelievers. For what partnership do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? What accord has Christ with Beliar? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

Something else to think about.

Take Care,

18. ZebProctor1

These are times I wish I had studied phlosophy, so I could really put into words what I think when I hear someone say something like "If you wait such along time to educate someone about God, what criteria will they use to determine right or wrong, or good from evil? " That's just obsurd to think that god is the only way to tell good from evil. Man is inheritly good, you can teach your child the difference between right and wrong without using the lameness of "if you are bad, god will smite you and send you to hell", and "if you're good, when you die, you'll walk on streets of gold, and live forever".... I'm sorry but as an adult, that just sounds stupid. As a 3-4 year old child, that might be something that would scare me into being good, but you have to look at the big picture here, if you're brainwashing your child into a religion just to try to keep them in line, are you actually being a good father?

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

what does all of this have to with indoctrinating a child before it has the ability to make it's own choices?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Moral criteria? Ethical criteria? Common sense? How our actions affect others? Any of those acceptable to you?

And what is the mother's responsibility? What if I she is a single mother?

Zeb - it took me two days to figure out I was not the target audience for Tony's daily posts. And I stopped opening them. How dense are you? And what makes the rest of the crap we spew out here more important than what he has to say? If you're worried other topics are going to fall off the front page, just come up with something interesting. It will stay.:)