1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

09-12 ZX6R Voltage Regulator Relocation

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bluebandit2g, Jan 14, 2017.

1. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

Where have you guys relocated the Voltage regulator when mounting race bodywork ? Ive seen some with it zip tied to the fairing stay. The Kawasaki race harness and instructions show to mount it above the swing arm to the undertail. I have the OEM harness. Just concerned it will get too hot behind the upper.

2. ninjabros

ninjabros Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mine is under the tail.

3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Front fairing stay where the headlight would normally be. I'll post a photo tomorrow if I can remember.

4. duc995

duc995 Yep…

IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0076.JPG Like this is how I went with it. Just to the right side of the air intake...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  5. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I've relocated them to the area above the counter shaft sprocket, similar to where the rec/reg goes on the ZX-10 with the kit harness and oil can.

This is on the 636, but I have done it on the 600 as well.

IMG_5546.JPG

6. edshank

edshank Active Member

Mine is under the tail.

7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Mine is velcro'd inside the front fairing, right by where the headlights would be. The only issue with that is whenever you take the fairing off, you have to remember to detach it first.

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

You can always put it in the air box like the previous owner of my bike did...

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Wow!!!!!

10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

LOL! Wow...well at least you know there's air flow there! haha

mpusch likes this.
  11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Which, as I interpret the rule books of most racing organizations, would be illegal for SS classes since you're changing airbox volume. (Albeit, for the worse.) Also, we go through great lengths to insulate the airbox from external heat sources. Adding a heat source to the inside of the airbox isn't something I'd be inclined to do, but that's just me.

12. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Definitely wasn't my idea. Took me a while to actually find the stupid thing.

I did not put together that it would be a legality issue for SS... Huh. Thanks for pointing that out, I guess I've got some relocating to do for a few reasons...

13. 06-08 R1 with the Reg in the intake tract always made me do the puzzled dog look...