1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 R6 hot starting

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JTRC51, Sep 30, 2019.

1. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Mine starts fine when cold. After it gets hot from a track session, it cranks like normal but will take longer to start (more cranking) and sometimes, when it starts it shuts right off. I usually give it a little gas to help it. Or I have to crank it again and hold the starter longer. Just seems odd that it does this, something that started last yr.

Any ideas? Rectifier, starter, or ??

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Do you have a lithium battery? My CBR600RR would exhibit the same symptoms under the same conditions, so I'ld have to either hold the button longer or bump start it. I know that you have to "warm up" lithium batteries when cold, maybe the same issue when you have a hot bike and compression is high?

JTRC51 likes this.
  3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Typical r6. You have to hold the starter button for a couple seconds after it initially starts. Most every r6 in the world requires this.

Wheeliest and JTRC51 like this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Ditch the light weight battery in favor of a regular lead acid battery and it'll go away

TLR67 and JTRC51 like this.
  5. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Will give that a shot to see if it works, I have a SpeedCell battery now.

6. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

Its a common R6 trait.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And there lies your problem.....