1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 F 150 subwoofer

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxerguy855, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I'm attempting to put some bass in my truck and am looking for some recommendations. I want it to be under the seat and hidden as much as possible. Any of you have a good source for ported boxes, I would appreciate the hook up.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

4. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

5. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Buddy had a Stealthbox in his F150 and it sounded nice. When he went deaf and got sick of it he sold it and actually got some decent cash back.

6. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

This is the latest version of what I installed under the rear seat of my truck. Awesome bass minimal enclosure.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/products/mm1040
    You didn't say what cab you have tho; Reg, Extd, Crew

7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Look for LMI welding out of montana I believe, they make seat risers, so you can fit a box under the back

8. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

All excellent ideas for my crew cab! Thanks a lot.

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Did you make your own enclosure? I have a '04 F-350 Crew I've been casually looking for a single sub.

10. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

I wish I had the talent, spent a ton getting it all done.
    What sold me was the demo enclosure "box" was the cardboard shipping box. It had been reinforced with plywood but it was the physical size of the box speaker ships in. I had 2 subs, one under either out board seat. I can't remember if original jack location was under back or front seat but it was under the center section by time amps, CD player etc were installed

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Depending on how you want to use your space, you could do something like this.

[​IMG]

I know its a 2012, but I did this exact install in mine and it sounds pretty good. I upgraded the door speakers too because they sounded like shit.

Sound Ordinance 8PT from Crutchfield. Two of them, and I can fold up my seats and use all of the back floor space. No wires on the floor or in plain view and you can't even really see the subs in there once the seats are back in place.