1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08-current r6 pistons/rods/valves (fit 06-current R models)

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by MELK-MAN, Aug 8, 2015.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

little over 1 season on these 2008-current pistons, con rods, and valves and springs (i would suggest you instal new springs whenever a motor is apart - does not include buckets or retainers). very good condition, just doing annual rebuild prior to Daytona in October.

ALL were purchased new at beginning of last season. These are not original. The 08-current parts include a higher compression ratio than 06-07 pistons, and a updated con rod that is stamped "13s" on the side..

Anyone that knows me, knows i rebuild BOTH bikes regularly. These were from my supersport motor, that only sees 2 six lap sprint races a weekend and some practice sessions. Again.. these were new last year. Did leak down test prior to rebuilding this engine and was just over 2%.. that is a percent you would see on nearly new engines. I just replace as these engines do see high rpm with regularity but these parts are in great shape, and save someone doing a rebuild a ton of money (just the 16 valves would be over $1000).

$295 shipped to lower 48

can provide additional pics

[​IMG]