1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 600 steering damper circuit

Discussion in 'Tech' started by James White, May 31, 2008.

1. James White

James White GETTING OLDER AND FASTER!

anyone know how to eliminate the fi light when the stock(electronic)unit is removed.i want to use the ohlins that goes in stock location but the dash light is distracting and could make a rider overlook a real problem on track.thanks in advance!

2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Just jump the plug for the stock damper, that should work. If not, a peice of tape over the dash lights work.

Nick

3. James White

i tried to jump them but the light stays on.it must need a resistor or something like eliminating the key switch.cant tape over it cause thats the oil/temp/fi light all combined.i want to know when there is a real problem not that the junk/stock damper is unplugged.thanks ne ways

4. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Assuming you are talking about the Honda...

For what it's worth, GPR sells a replacement plug along with their damper to eliminate the FI light...might be able to get one from them.

5. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

You can just remove all the components of the HESD but leave the solenoid connected.

6. James White

gsxr 600k8

sorry forgot to mention its a gsxr 600 08.thanks for the suggestions so far.still havent figured it out.