1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08-16 R6 YEC sub harness

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, May 29, 2018.

1. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Anyone of you guys have one? If you do can you, can you please post a picture of it.

2. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

EMRY, RICK?

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

does that help?

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Only if you point out which section is the sub-harness? Isn't that the piece that goes between the ECU and the stock harness? I'm presuming this picture is of an entire YEC harness?

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ya thats the entire YEC harness. I don't know what Envy actually wants a picture of. there are more pics in this pdf I have.

6. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Im looking for the sub harness that you use to be able to use the stock harness with the YEC ECU

7. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Is this the sub harness?

[​IMG]

8. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

So Im told that this is one of the three kit sub harness. Looking for the rest

9. backbone

backbone scarred for life

You mean the data cable? If so, look on ebay. They have them for sale on there and have pics too.

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

11. Houston hb

Houston hb Well-Known Member

no hes looking for the sub harness aka the conversion harness that allows him to keep the stock harness but plug into a YEC ecu

backbone likes this.
  12. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

I don't have a picture. as I recall this was a harness that moved some ECU pins from the EU to the US version. I don't recall it being a real YEC harness as much as a "we figured it out, now will sell it" type of thing.

triplestrong likes this.
  13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I think envy is wanting to make some. He needs to see one apart lol

14. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

That's exactly what it is. Just had one on the dyno here with a "YEC" harness. Still had the lighting circuits in full stock trim. I'll say it def worked with the YEC box (just needs to communicate), but the price point some dudes have these harness's available for is nuts. This particular customer took it fully in the rear for what he paid.

15. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

For this reason I need the sub harness. Have a bike sold ad need to put the YEC ECU because thats how it was sold and as we had a kit harness but lent it and dude crashed and tank caught fire and harness said BYE BYE

16. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Found out this is the kit 13S-F8610-70 but can not find it anywhere.

17. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

It’s not in production anymore

18. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Yes I have looked everywhere for it and even the one store that advertises it emailed me back saying they can not get it.

Chuck maybe you or Rick have a solution???

19. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Found this image online. Is this the harness needed and what does it do?
    upload_2018-6-12_14-21-4.png

20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

That's the one Graves used to sell to keep the stock harness. Plugs into EXUP. Does shifter, pit lane, etc. I don't even know if it works with bikes past 2009. There's also another plug to power the ECU for read/write.