1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'07 GSX-R 750 PC3 with quickshifter experiences

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Scook2397, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Scook2397

Scook2397 Well-Known Member

Hi ALL,
    Have a track only '07 GSX-R 750. Mechanically in great shape. Just tuned. Has anyone experienced gear box issues using a quickshifter on their GSX-R 6/7? Just don't want to tear up my gearbox. Thanks!

2. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I just installed one on my 06 gsxr600 track only bike. I would recommend going with the ignition controller as well as the quick shifter. As long as your delay time is set correctly there should be no issues. The PCIII only has one delay setting where the PCV has a setting for each gear change.

I had one on my 07 gsxr600 track bike for two years before I sold it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. Scook2397

Scook2397 Well-Known Member

yeah I have both the PC3 and the Ignition module. Pulled them from my 600 but I didn't use the Quickshifter on the 600. Thanks!

4. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Remember that a longer delay is less likely to cause damage BUT it may throw a miss fire code and obviously if it's real long you'll loose some drive. I have a 09 600 and run 65ms, 60ms, 55ms, 50ms, 45ms respectively 1st-6th. I once rode a friends bike that had some ungodly long delay where I informed him that he had to change it. It was like the bike completely shut off the slammed back on, great feeling.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

+1

Also adding one of these allows you to narrow those times a tick as well for quicker shifts.

http://www.factorypro.com/products/shift_kit,Factory_EVO.html

Have one of these installed on both of my GSXR's