1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 WR450F Sumo?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jasonhise, Mar 11, 2021.

1. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

So recently I picked up an 06 WRR450F with very low hours and a Mikuni Carb and a full FMF installed. Has anyone Sumo'd one of these? It was such low hours, still had original tires and runs way better than expected. Is there any particular somewhat budget minded set of 17" wheels I could/should get for it? Also, any decent front master cylinders recommended as an upgrade for the stocker once/if I switch to 17" wheels? Even better if someone near VA has this setup they're looking to get rid of would be great. Thanks gents and ladies...

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think most are going to tell you not to waste your time on trying to turn that bike into a sumo (I tried with an '04 WR250 and sold it shortly thereafter) unless you want to totally overhaul the suspension. The consensus is going to be that it's cheaper to get a YZ.

If you want to go that route, warp 9 wheels are what I went with and are fairly plentiful.

jksoft, Phl218 and jasonhise like this.
  3. jasonhise

Not intending to race it, just using it for mountain runs on roads since my son sold his DRZ-400SM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Great bike to sumo. PM me if you want to buy some sumo rims for it. My buddy is a warp 9 dealer and can hook you up.

turbulence, Phl218 and jasonhise like this.
  5. jasonhise

PM sent

6. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

jasonhise likes this.
  7. jasonhise

Found a pair local”ish” which were on a 2019 YZF450…. I presume the front caliper adapter won’t be the same…. P/N shows the wheels fit.

8. jasonhise

YZ450F….

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Warp 9 FTW....

jasonhise likes this.
  10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

16.5" front and 17x5" rear is life on a sumo. Get triples, suspension and send it

jasonhise likes this.