1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 R6r Engine cases Downlow

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RightSideUp, Dec 11, 2017.

1. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

The part number for 06 R6r engine cases supersedes to the same cases used 08-16. Does anyone know the difference or if 06 cases are inferior? I have low milage internals out of a 2010 with a damaged case I was hoping to use the 06 cases I have sitting here for a swap. Im sure someone on the Beeb knows google was no help. Thanks!

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

They're fine, use them. Differences are so minor they are hard to see. Nothing that affects the engine itself.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

^^^ as RM said, will be just fine. the main bearings will be different however, different locating tabs, so need to order 06-07 mains fro the 06-07 cases.

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

13S bearings are 1mm wider and the selection method changed. The locating tabs appear different because of the change in width. Use the 13S bearings in any case and use the color selection method for the 08+ if you are not measuring oil clearance the more accurate way with bore gauges.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

Thanks!!! Exactly what I was looking for

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so the 08+ (13s) mains that are 1mm wider, will fit in the 06-07 cases? cool.. my guy may have been doing this and i didn't even know it, i just remember some time ago, we had bearings that wouldn't fit in my 06-07 superbike motor cases.