1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06 600 gsxr wiring harness ???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Rob860, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Rob860

Rob860 Well-Known Member

I have installed a full system and want to disconnect the #30 pin I know its the 5th one over. I have removed the orange cover and used a paper clip to try to remove it with no luck. I know thousands of people have done it. I guess I'm just dumb! Can I just cut the wire before it goes in to the harness or will that cause problems? Any help would would be appreciated!

2. jdmhatch3

jdmhatch3 Well-Known Member

Yes just cut the wire and use electrical tape to cover the bare ends of wire. Thats what M4 tells you to do.

3. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

you CAN cut the wire for the same effect.... but if you just give it a good YANK it will come out completely. Kinda barbaric i know, but I have done it a few times and it works! You can even snap it back into place if needed.
    (cover the pin with shrink tubing after you are done YANKING IT!)
    cheers :)

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

snapping it back in is a PITA. i pulled the wrong one and it whooped me putting it back in. i cut the proper 1 after that:beer:

5. Rob860

Rob860 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help! I finally got it by pushing the paper clip with a pliers.