1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06-12 GSXR 750 interchangeability

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Dec 4, 2014.

1. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Hey guys looking to find out whats interchangeable between these years. We just got a 2011 GSXR 750 and will be turning it into a race bike and wanted to know what will work from the previous year on it.
    I see a lot of parts from a 06/07 GSXR600/750 for sale and I know they are interchangeable with the 08/10 but just want to make sure to see if they will fit the 11/12.

Thanks,
    Darwin

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It all depends on the part. Bodywork can be interchangeable if you switch mounts/subframe. The tank "may" work from one bike to the next. Pretty sure forks are the same diameter, so they should work. Things like wheels, axles, swingarm, could be used but I think you'd have to switch them as assemblies or have spacers machined. Brakes are a direct swap.

3. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

May not help you much but the motors drop right into the frames for all models, but the TBs and air box will be different for 2011+. Never tried using EMPRO and kit harness from different models so I cannot comment.

4. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

You can have spacers made to make the wheels from an 08 fit an 11-on...

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rearsets, engine cases and covers, 50 mm clip ons, radiators, full aftermarket exhausts (with the use of race bodywork) are all the same and interchangeable in race trim 06 and up

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Fuel management (PC and Bazzaz) are the same 08 and up too

7. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

From my experience, but then again I didn't modify anything.

Will not fit:
    Wheels
    Tank
    Bodywork
    Throttle cables on the body
    Subframe
    Rearset brake side (MC is off a couple of mm)

Good to know about the full exhaust, I've been trying to find a shorty for the 11+.

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I use the whole Vortex rearset assembly with the master from the 06/07 and 08/09 bike on the current bike and bolts right up- I just bolted up a spare from my 08 to the 12 and it works fine.

9. Vinny337

Good to know, mine was from a 06/07 as well and I couldn't get it to fit for nothing. :confused: I wound up changing the current (2011) rear MC to the 06/07 MC, it worked out because I had more spares.

Quick question, which exhaust did you use for your 11-12 gsxr? Is it a shorty?

10. Rusty848

Rusty848 Well-Known Member

I have long graves,they put good HP,sounds good too.
    Mark MCJ motorsports have few more used ones in stock.

11. Vinny337

Thanks Bro.:cool:

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

That's what I did too.

M4 full with the shorty (gp style) muffler- had to trim the lower fairing and make room for the muffler, painted after cutting/ trimming and looks and works well. Bought the exhaust labeled for the 08/09 bike btw

13. Vinny337

Awesome thanks!!

14. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Can the shock be swapped over from the 2006 to the 2012? I have a brand new Penske from the 06 that was never installed.

15. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Would need some minor mods from a Penske service center. Bottom shock mount is different, the should be able to swap that out to the correct style. Top mount is same style but not 100% sure on width or bolt OD but they would be able to supply the correct bushings if they are different as well.

So yes, can be made to work pretty reasonably just call a service shop and tell them what you need, a few dollars will be needed but still not bad.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Just a lower clevis.

17. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Do you have any lower clevis? Also does the length need to be adjusted? If so, to what?

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Same geometry works on both bikes. Yes, I have the clevis. I'm out of the shop until Wednesday. Email me.

19. RoidRageFool

RoidRageFool @FundedByWifeRacing

Bringing back an old thread. Can anyone confirm as to whether or not the 2006 - 2010 full exhaust systems are the same for a GSXR 600 / 750. Hindle's full system will fit the 2006-2010 GSXR 600 / 750 which makes me believe that other manufacturers would also fit. If this is the case, I may take a look to see what else is available (M4), although woodcraft seems like they can get whatever I would need in a pretty timely manner.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Yes, 99.9% anyway......I have an 06/07 600/750 OEM header with an Arrow slipon on my '12 600.

And ive put many 06/07 600/750 OEM headers on my 08/09 600's and 750's.

RoidRageFool likes this.