1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06-10 GSXR 750 engine experts please help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RTD, Aug 25, 2015.

1. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

I'm working on an 08 motor, it has adjustable cam sprockets on stock cams and a thinner head gasket, I got it with the adjustable sprockets loose so I wasn't able to see what it was at, I've looked around for cam timing specs and it seems like 102 in 105 ex should work. I have the intake set properly but it seems like anything more than 99 on the exhaust cam and I'm getting valve to piston contact. Any input on where I should be setting these?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Because it has a thinner head gasket (possibly material milled off the head too?) you may have to alter the timing from stock, that's the point of having adjustable sprockets.

3. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

Thanks, I haven't worked on a whole lot of these, it just seems like my exhaust # is super low compared to anything else I've done. I'm tempted to find a set of stock cams and see what numbers I get out of them, even though it won't be a stock number due to the thinner gasket it will give me an idea

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Higher lobe center numbers on exhaust should have more PTV clearance, not less. You are doing something wrong.