1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

06/07 gsxr 750 making a wizz sound

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxie750, Jan 15, 2011.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

Well the motor overheated and blew a headgasket. it slightly burnt a hole in the head so we sent it off to be fixed. Once we put a new headgasket on and put it all back together it runs great,but makes a whiz sound when you throttle it up. Do we have to do something to the timing since we milled the head or do you think its something to do with the timing chain guards? BTW at first we had a hell of a time getting the tensioner in so maybe bent the guard? I just mainly want to know if the timing can be off do to the head work.

2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Did you collapse the tensioner before you put it back in?? If you force fucked it back in you'll be needin a new timing chain.

3. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

well to be honest we did not install the tensioner the first time after the rebuild. After hearing noises we took it out to look and when re-installing it noticed how hard it was untill we read the manual lol. I'm guessing the guy we hired to put it all back together jammed it in there cause when asked he didn't describe the right way to install. I bet the guard and chain need replaced cause if you were to force the tensioner in something would have to give. Another guy keeps telling us that its out of time and thats what we are hearing,but i don't think it would have to be re-timed because of a slight head mill.

Can't we just install a thin head gasket on a stock motor and it still work without any mods? seems like the same thing as milling a head,but i'm not sure on this.