1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05 AMA Formula Xtreme R6 (photo heavy)

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by MellowYellow, Jan 24, 2011.

1. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Will work for race gear

This is the bike Geoff Maloney built to to compete in the AMA Formula Xtreme series. I just picked it up from Brian Van with the intentions of using it in the SB classes this summer, but something else has come along so she needs to go to a home that will use her. Now about the bike:

ridden by: Ty Howard, Jason Perez, Hawk Mazzotta in AMA

125hp on Dynojet at track. 325lbs.
    Complete YEC engine kit, cams, electronics, etc (all YEC parts), engine completely gone through (performance coatings inside and out), titanium inside and out, kit rad (stock one is on there for the winter), M4 pipe (one-off) w/titanium headers
    carbon fairing stay, lightweight FT subframe
    PIt Bull steering stabilizer
    Giles rearsets
    Woodcraft clip-ons
    CRG supersport clutch
    Marvic 16.5 w/ Galfer rotors and Galespeed 17" wheels with a bunch of sprockets
    Ohlins YA505 shock, 25mm iternals - Currently being refreshed by Joe Kraft
    DynoJet quickshifter
    08 R6 brakes w/Brembo 19x20 master
    every oem part changed (except main frame, case, and swingarm, I even have a spare swingarm)

There is also a MASSIVE spares package that will come with the bike. I have extra throttle bodies, engine internals, case guards, clutch, swingarm, lower bodywork, ect. If someone wants a full spares list I will post it but there is a lot of stuff to go through.

Asking $7000 for the whole package. I will not break this up, other than the Marvic 16.5" wheels and sprockets that go with them. If you think the price is high keep it to yourself please. Jeff Gibson at STG rode this bike at the last STT weekend at Grattan and only the liter bikes could pull him on the straight so you know this thing is fast.

Now for the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MellowYellow

More pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. HBS Racing

HBS Racing Well-Known Member

thats' quite the .....dog

4. MellowYellow

You have no idea.

5. tampamax

tampamax Well-Known Member

What about the forks?

6. MellowYellow

The forks and shock are currently at Witchkraft Motorsports being rebuilt, for the upcomming season. They have a Ohlins 25mm kit.

7. MellowYellow

The suspension is back from Joe @ Witchkraft and the rest of the bike is clean. I'll post some fresh pics once it's back together.

8. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

9. Munky78

Munky78 Well-Known Member

Badass. GLWS!

10. MellowYellow

All the pics I have are posted here. I'll take some fresh ones once I've finished reassembling the bike now that everything is nice and clean.

11. MellowYellow

Bike is no longer for sale. I finished putting everything back together last night and I've decided to keep her for the SB classes this summer after all.

I will be listing the 16.5s for sale on the new site as I've decided to stick with 17s this summer.

12. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

Teeze!!! Lol

13. MellowYellow

Well, since I didn't even get so much has a sniff at the bike, I figured I'd just go out and win a few races with it.