1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04/05 GSXR 600/750 left side case cover

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Harp, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Is the stock left-side (stator/rotor) cover the same on both the 600 and 750? I'm trying to install a stock cover from a 600 and it seems like it is too shallow -- that is, the cover won't fully seat on the case. It seems like the stator is hitting the rotor.

Thanks in advance.:beer:

2. Symbiote_X

Symbiote_X New Member

They are the same make sure that you installed the little bracket that holds the wire correctly. Make sure that you put also a new gasket on there. ;)

3. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Thanks man. I really don't get it...maybe my engine builder installed a different rotor or magneto ... for a supersport build? His shop isn't open on Mondays...so I'll have to wait to find out.

4. stow

stow Well-Known Member

Are you sure that it is a stock cover from a 04-05 600/750? I think it is the 03 or 04 1000 that has the same bolt pattern, but it is not as deep as the 600/750 since it uses a smaller magneto. I got a cover from Woodcraft that had the same issue and it turned out to be a 1000 cover.

Good luck.

5. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Interesting...but yes...I'm pretty sure. My buddy who gave me the cover only has had one GSXR -- an 05 600, so I don't think it could be from anything else.

The aftermarket cover that I'm taking off is deeper than the OEM part.

6. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Shane,
    You were right. For some reason, the part my buddy gave me was not the right one. I guess the shop that did his work sent the wrong cover home with him....must have been from a 1K because the bolt pattern was right, but not deep enough. Thanks for pointing this out...