1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

`03 SV fuel injection question??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by racerfranz, Jul 24, 2009.

1. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

I have had my sv for only a little while and I am not sure about this, when you turn the ignition on, does the fuel pump power up and run like on gsxr's?
    I rewired for a keyless ignition and all the dash lights come on, and it cranks over, but won't start. The FI light is solid on when the ignition is turned on, and when I crank it, it goes off, but no start.
    Did I do something wrong?
    I also bypassed the clutch switch, correctly I believe, so I don't think that's it, since it does turn over. The pump was working before I changed everything, I put an `06 tank on but the kept the `03 pump since the connector is different. It had not been started in so long I can't remember about the pump.

2. 03silvr6

03silvr6 Well-Known Member

The pump primes when you turn the key, unless the kill switch is on.

3. gdcompu

gdcompu Member

Check the connector and the fuse before you start worrying about the wiring. WHy do I know this? Don't ask.

4. AssClown

AssClown Well-Known Member

I ran in to this same issue. There is a wire that goes from the ignition to the ECU that is a anti theft feature. You need to supply 5v to it. If you put a 100ohm resister to between that leed to 12v, it will supply the right voltage.

The fuel pump should kick on like the gxsr before start up.

5. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

I'm wit AssClown.

6. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Ahh gracie.
    I saw you post in the TWF forum as well, was that you? I can only imagine one person would want that user name. :D :Poke:
    I will try it next.

7. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Oh wait, what color is that wire?

8. AssClown

AssClown Well-Known Member

Yep. That was me. Zoran helped me get past the issue. It is one of the smaller wires, orange with green horizontal stripes.

Ya, it is amazing. This screen name seem to be available for any board I join. :D

9. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Thanks, I'll check it out.

10. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Okay, ended up rewiring the resistor, which was already in play. Still same problem, everything but fuel pump works... I tryed jumping (in "dealership mode") but got nothing except "chec" on the dash. Checked tip over switch, both ways, no change, my clutch switch jump wiring looks fine too. Pulling my hair out...:confused::eek:

I found a wiring diagram online, but don't really know what I'm looking at.

11. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Clutch switch cuts power to the starter, that's not your problem.

Check if you have power at the pump and work your way back to the switch. Posting a schematic or at least description of how you rewired it would also be helpful.

12. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Are you getting any power at the fuel pump connector? Be sure of that first. If there *is* power, disassemble the pump and/or give it a shot of compressed air. For some reason when they sit a while, they go AWOL, I have seen it a number of times. Must be the brushes getting corroded or something.

13. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Thanks Guys! I will check all these things in the am. Have to go to work. Come to think of it,the pump did look pretty bad when I pulled it out of the other tank...

14. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

There is power to the pump, but nothing. ??? Perhaps my pump is bad. Any other ideas?

15. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

Pump has two wires. One to ground/one to (+) side of 12v.

If you jumper wire the pump, the pressure pumps, you just want to see if the pump will pump. Perhaps it could be the pump. But test the easy stuff out first.