1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'03 Kawasaki 636 w/ issue 4k Miles Clean Title $1500 OBO

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Ohsat, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

(((PROJECT))) Please read description carefully and in its entirety

Selling my '03 Kawasaki zx636 track/street bike with 4010 original miles and a Clear/Clean Ohio Title
    Has spent last 3000 miles as a track bike and has been down on the track once on a lowside crash from previous owner. Does have rash and a few dings. Dent in side of tank.

A hairline crack in the head was just discovered a few weeks ago right where the head mates to the bottom of the motor on the left side of the bike.

COMES WITH A USED, GOOD HEAD FOR REPLACEMENT

I have only owned the bike for a month or so, and the crack was in existence before I purchased it. The previous owner had not ridden it on the track for a year, speculation tells me that it was started at some point when it was below freezing contributing to the crack but it's origin is not known.

I was in the process of converting it back to street which included a good cleaning, oil change, fresh coolant (PO ran distilled water), traditional shift (PO had it setup for GP), as well as going through all harnesses to reconnect the lighting I recently purchased.

I have ran the bike to make sure it runs and shifts and it does both perfectly. Runs like a bike with 4k miles on it. Cut it off at 220 degrees.

There is some milkiness on the sight class that just appeared today from my short 5 minute run indicative of a cracked head.

The fairings are currently off the bike

Now, the good stuff;

Includes

Brand new unpainted street fairings

Brand new pack of complete, black fairing bolt kit

Brand new headlight housing and true HID kit

Brand new smoked taillght with integrated turn signals and side turn signal lights

Brand new black grips and Ninja bar ends

New solo tail fairing painted a unique orange so I spent $70 getting paint matched to repair and repaint the gas tank the same color. Comes with Bondo kit, diffent grits of sandpaper,paint and hardner, all you need is the sprayer.

Aftermarket parts on bike;

Full Akropovic exhaust

Gold DID chain

PC3

GPR steering stabilizer

Dunlop Q3s with only one track day on them

Comes with Horbodies track fairings that are in usable but rough condition.

A plastic bin of miscellaneous parts

2 keys one of which is the original with code plate

I had all intentions of swapping the heads and putting it on the road asap. Had spent $500 in new parts not to mention hours of work getting it cleaned up and ready, until I discovered the crack. I had even put the kickstand back on.

I just don't have the time or space in my small one car garage to get the swap done and would like to pass it along to another rider who might have the time and or knowledge to do it in a day. I've had one of my vehicles outside for the past month and it needs to go back in the garage so I need the space

This bike is well worth putting on the track or street with just 4,000 miles and has all of the essentials to do it.

Asking $1500 cash or best offer for the entire outfit. Located in Columbus, Oh.

Once again, the bike runs and shifts flawlessly, just needs the head switched out and a fresh oil change afterwards.

You can call or text me anytime at 614-316-7983

2. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

00D0D_c3I4qnp28Et_1200x900.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  3. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

5. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

6. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

7. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

8. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

Just uploaded a video I made today (3-19) of the bike running. I point out the location of the crack about halfway through the video;

Also worth mentioning that the bike is prepped for safety wiring.

9. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

Brand new mirrors

GPR steering stabilizer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. shinoby81

shinoby81 Member

Does it still have track stuff? Any suspension work.

11. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member

Yes, everything from the track is included. Not exactly sure what was done to the suspension if anything. All I know is there are no leaks from the front fork seals and rebound is as it should be.

12. Ohsat

Ohsat Well-Known Member