1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

03-04 R6, R6S fork parts. Racetech, springs

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by mattr302, Jul 31, 2018.

1. mattr302

mattr302 Well-Known Member

A couple years ago I upgraded the front end on my FZ6, I ended up needing to buy 2 or 3 sets to make one good set. Sold the bike earlier this year and the good set, had some extra bits laying around.

One set of forks I opened up and noticed that they were not stock and one of the cartridges was a little nicked. I built mine up with the stock setup until I could figure out what I had in these. I brought them to a track day and showed them to the suspension guy (GMD Boston) and he informed me they have Racetech gold compression valves installed. So these modified internals, with .95 springs, and preload spacers: say $125 shipped?

Attached Files:

2. mattr302

Two straight upper tubes. I brought these to work (machine shop) and checked them on the surface plate with a dial gauge and V blocks, they are straight. $125 shipped

Two upper caps with minimal wear marks. $60 shipped

Attached Files:

3. mattr302

The rest of this stuff is free, you pay shipping, or I’ll include it with the stuff above.

Bushings in good shape, dust seals and seal retainers never used, internal washers, etc. Also have 3 axle pinch bolts.

Attached Files:

4. mattr302

Upper tubes, bushings, dust seals and clips sold.

Internals with Racetech valves and .95 springs still available.
    Fork caps still available.

5. mattr302

Bump

6. r1bk

r1bk Active Member

What's missing to make these into complete forks? Looking for something like this for my FZ6. Thanks!

7. mattr302

You’d basically just need the upper tubes and the lower tubes, (along with the seals and clips) I think I have the rest of the stuff to build them into a full set of forks.

To swap them onto your FZ6, you’d need the R6 axle, custom axle spacers, custom fender adapters, and if you have the 04-06 bike, you’d need new calipers as well. Tons of info on this swap on the FZ6 forum, 600riders.com

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  8. r1bk

r1bk Active Member

Yeah, I've got the spacers, etc already. Hoping to stumble across some already revalved/resprung forks--these seemed close.

9. mattr302

Bump. Open to reasonable offers.

10. mattr302

All sold.