1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Easter Worshippers”

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 22, 2019.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

How do you know that? See, this is all about truth and facts and all. We can say things, but what are the facts we can prove? This Easter Worshipping thing is being blown up by this boiled colored egg dealio. It needs to be sorted out.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

FWIW, it says 5000 BC .

It could all be lies. Who knows.

https://quatr.us/southeast-asia/history-eggs-eggs-come.htm

:)

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Well we need to know, we're on a search for the truth here, gentlemen. I read through your source material and only found reference to "hard boiled eggs" allegedly consumed by the Romans. There is no reference to making hard boiled eggs then using dyes to color them. Why the coloring part? This is what we need to focus on. If it is some part of the Egg Worshipping thing, someone who does that activity needs to inform us.

But i agree with your post in general. Obviously, the coloring part is critical to some sort of ancient ritual, possibly worshipping eggs (symbolic?) as a source of life and food. Could you try to find some reference to the coloring part?

4. Fonda Dix

I can only address the boiling part.

The coloring part is between you and somebody else. :crackup:

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Your efforts are appreciated, don't get me wrong, i was just hoping you'd extend yourself a bit more to suss out the colored egg mystery, since you've already delved into academic research. You the man for this job.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

some things never change :D

7. Fonda Dix

Well, first and foremost, you need to get your terminology correct.

"Colored" eggs is racist.

Its eggs of color.

:D

8. charles

charles The Transporter

i'm dreadfully sorry. I meant no offense to you, but you should have told me you were a person of color. Well then, right, let's press on. Would you kindly finish the research into the 'eggs of color'?

9. Fonda Dix

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Have you called Google to see if they could fix your search engine? It might be as simple as a loose nut behind the keyboard.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

12. charles

charles The Transporter

What, eh? You misunderstood, as it stands now, our man Fonda Dix extended himself and came up with brilliant research material regarding said 'eggs of color'.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why are there no black religious holiday eggs?

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Fonda Dix needs to reply to this inquiry. He is our resident expert on 'eggs of color' to include their origin and historical significance. As for me, the obvious, but perhaps incorrect, response is that when hidden, the black 'eggs of color' would be difficult to locate, which, for all we know at this point, might have been a punishable violation of some ancient egg (or fecundity) worship.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

"For Christians, the Easter egg is symbolic of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Painting Easter eggs is an especially beloved tradition in the Orthodox and Eastern Catholic churches where the eggs are dyed red to represent the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the cross."

There.

Personally, like Santa Claus for Xmas, I thought the atheists made that diversion up as to not having to recognize Jesus Christ.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, yes, I could see that symbolism, but in fact, long before Jesus, the ancient civilizations held the egg in high esteem, as a symbol of the world...the word 'Easter' comes to us from the name of the pagan goddess Eostre connected to birth and our sun...

Now, turning to Christmas, Ill have you know that good authority indicates that by the Renaissance, St. Nicholas (yes, the very same Santa Claus we have now) was one of the most beloved saints in Christendom, even though St. Nick was started in Turkey.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And that is why turkey is served for Christmas dinner. Look it up.

18. charles

charles The Transporter

It makes sense! St. Nick-Turkey-Christmas-Turkey! Damn, I wish everything was that easy.

Now we really need to turn our attention to the mystery of the black religious holiday egg.....

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Black Stone in Istanbul

20. Fonda Dix

Dont you mean Constantinople?

:D