1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Easter Worshippers”

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 22, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well I'm off to church to go worship and have some fellowship with some of my other Easter worshipers.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Me too, and the Dem party is not the one that will make that happen.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sadly, I'm not convinced the other party will either.

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Holy shit! Two posts in a row within the Dungeon that I agree with. I need to go buy a lottery ticket.

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You don’t have to tell us that your emotions control your OMB outbursts. It’s very clear.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Whatever.

7. BHP41

That’s well thought out. Go pedal around some more. Those deep thoughts are fascinating. Hahahaha

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

At least I have thoughts. You seem to be brain dead. Maybe you and AOC could hook up. Could be a perfect pairing. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

9. BHP41

Please keep posting. This is awesome. :crackup:

10. charles

charles The Transporter

What is the religious significance of the hard-boiled colored eggs on Easter Worship Day?

11. charles

charles The Transporter

C'mon people, I want to go to sleep, answer my question, I want the truth.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can't handle the truth.

Sorry, I didn't want to, I had to.

13. BHP41

I believe it dates back to the 1600’s about the resurrection of Christ. The coloring i think was originally red to symbolize the blood of Christ when he was crucified.

I think.

14. BHP41

That’s all I have for tonight. I’m off to the lake tomorrow and 4:30 comes early. The top water bite should be on point tomorrow.

15. charles

charles The Transporter

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Thanks for the info. But did they have hard-boiled eggs back in the 1600's?

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You just needed to add:
    [​IMG]

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well, if you really want to go there, I'm game. If you go far enough back into history, say slightly over 2019 years, you will find that your original Easter worshippers were very appreciative of fecundity, and therefore were quite taken with universal symbols of fertility such as bunnies, chicks, eggs, and the like. Of course, those prototypical Easter worshippers soon found their fertility rites co-opted by a better organized belief system. I don't know if our current Democratic party figureheads simply want to return us to the heathen practices of simpler times, or if they have a more sinister motive for removing Christianity from its big day.

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Are we permitted to use words like 'fecundity' in here? So, are you suggesting that eggs, among other things as you mention, could have been worshipped in the ancient past, or at least were some distinctive part of worship of fecundity? Makes sense to me, I was also wondering if such venerated eggs were raw or hard-boiled?

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

yes.