1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Dad, I found this band called Slayer!”

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Nov 20, 2018.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

This is what my 16 year old told me a little bit ago, haha! Earlier this year, he was so proud of himself for “discovering” Pantera. Now he’s “discovered” another “new” band called Slayer!

It made me so proud, it almost brought me to tears, lol. The kid has one of the most diverse playlists I’ve ever seen. Hip hop, gangsta rap, 80’s new wave, speed metal, classic metal/rock, Johnny Cash, Ludovico Einaudi, and the list goes on.

He’s a cool, cool kid!

2. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

What's Ludovico Einaudi?

3. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Excellent instrumental piano (along w/ an orchestra). No lyrics, but the music is hypnotic and very cool and relaxing. Give him a try, if you think you might like it.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Had the kid's heads bobbin to Panteras A New Level just yesterday!

5. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Cool, thanks. Will do. I clicked with all the other artists and genres on your kid's playlist so I'll definitely give it a try.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And I thought my 2yr old was a savant singing "we will rock you" to the radio tonight...

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I remembered my Mom laughing her ass off when my sister "discovered" the Beatles in her old record collection (that I still have and listen to).

We were driving the other day and "live wire" came on the radio, so I turned it up. My boy told me to turn it up louder lol. Then he asked who sang it. When I told him AC/DC did he said "just like Jules' (sister) shirt, how come I don't have an AC/DC shirt too?. Good question kid.

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dude! Ed, now 5, requests Twisted Sister, Joan Jett, G-n-R and others.

"Dad, can you turn on wock n woll?"

Yes. Yes I can!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

She sang "baby shark" to me during dinner.

Fleeting success. :(

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My 10 year old started singing along to “Welcome to the Jungle”.. A shed a small tear.

11. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

When my boys were 6 and 8 they memorized pretty much all of "Sehnsucht" by Rammstein. We used to blast it at stop lights in town. Good times.

12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's fun when a fresh set of ears hears what we like an validate that it wasn't just us that found the music appealing.

I'm considering taking my son, who will be 9 in June, to one of the final KISS concerts in 2019. There's a Philly date and Raleigh I'm considering.

The Stones are playing at the Redskins stadium in May....considering that one with him too. When he's 75 and they talk about Mick and Keith and their place in Rock history, he
    can be able to say he saw them.....with his Dad.

13. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

When my daughter was barely old enough to talk, her favorite song was "Dirty Deeds and the Dumberjeep" (Hey she was a toddler) I'm still hoping for one more AC/DC tour with BJ out front so she can see them live.

14. A family that sings songs about anal rape, incest, necrophilia and sado-masochism together is a family that...well...I got nothing. :confused:

15. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Oh man, I was thinking that was the case when I had no idea what those lyrics were about, but I figured it was something like that. Screw it, they're both in their 20's now. All's well that ends well I guess!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

My dad was proud as heck when i wanted to play hos doors and Led Zeppelin LPs when i was 12-13.

After my son was born, just released from the hospital, i get on the highway with him and the wife, turn on the radio and it’s playing stairway to heaven. Gave me chills

At three now, i ask him if we shall listen to music and he says : ‘tallica :D

17. It's going to be truly great when one of your sons encounters a German speaker, says, "Hey, I know some German!", and starts reciting Rammstein lyrics. Your son should take video, because that is going to be a Father of the Year moment right there! (especially if the German speaker is a woman)

HPPT and Phl218 like this.
  18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The band is usually referred to as “Fuckin’ Slayer!”

Teach your children well.

Uncle Snake and sharkattack like this.