1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘03 gsxr 1000 turbo, 12k mi, $9900

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by cbush, Jul 12, 2020.

1. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Selling my turbo 1000. Just bought it last summer, but a deal on a v4 fell in my lap a couple months ago, so I'd like to free up some garage space.

Original build was done at Lee's Performance in NC in 2006 (original invoice in pics below). Spoke to Lee at time of purchase and verified the build. Purchased from the second owner last summer. PPI performed at Cycle Specialties Performance in Taylors, SC (new plugs, oil/filter change and coolant flushed/refilled with engine ice).

Basic specs include built motor (CP/Carrillo), Garrett gt28 turbo (225 whp @ 8 psi, 300 whp @ 14 psi on 93 pump gas), and PC3 fuel controller.

Work/upgrades since I've owned it include:
    - Taxxion Dynamics AK20 cartridges
    - Nitron r1 shock with remote hydraulic preload adjuster
    - Brembo RCS brake and clutch masters
    - Ohlins steering damper
    - Vortex rearsets
    - Gipro gear indicator
    - New front brake pads and fluid
    - Puig double bubble screen
    - mirror block offs and bar end mirror
    - new tires (Michelin Power RS)

Just for perspective, I'm a 48 y/o military physician and ensure that any vehicle I own is well maintained. Both of my other bikes were bought here from other members. The turbo 1000 runs flawlessly. It's obviously pretty quick and handles very well with the suspension upgrades. The only issue is a crack in the upper fairing (see pics) that occurred when the bike was bumped while sitting outside in the cold (wasn't dropped).

I can't seem to post pics, but here's a link:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/189285716@N07/AYbY27

Cash preferred but will consider trading for an R3 or Grom with cash on your end. Located in central Texas. Thanks for looking!

Craig

Tyson10R likes this.
  2. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

SOLD