1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does the SV650 compare to an R6 in the different classes you can run?

Discussion in 'General' started by craiganator, Sep 12, 2005.

1. craiganator

craiganator Member

I am looking at either purchasing an sv650 or an R6 for my first race bike. I have heard the 600 cc class is the meatgrinder class, ie. alot of wrecks. I assume the SV650 is a different class of bike that would not run in the same groups as the 600's making it a less risky alternative. I know...grow some kahunas and get in the 600 group. I have also heard you can run more different races on the 600 and I would be limited in races with the SV650. What are the pro's and con's between the SV650 and an R6? Another alternative is a 2-stroke like the honda rs 250. Any pointers appreciated.

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Start off with small hp bikes and work your way up. There's alot more to racing than just grabbing a hand full of throttle.;)

3. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

tracee sue should know, he got his ass kicked on 600's then bought a 400. :p

:beer: hey tracee....

4. Tracee Polcin

Interesting, who is this?

5. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

sup Tracee? long time no see.

That was MadBrad bustin your chops

6. Tracee Polcin

He looks soo different now. When did you drop all that weight Bradley?:Poke:

7. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

labotomy:)

8. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that imply having a brain? ;)

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Y'all are startin' early this mornin'... :D

10. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

mostly it was beacuse of a rather unusual big head, when they went in they found out it was just hot air. Actually it required a princking, the lobotomy wasnt necessary:D

11. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

yeah, that "princking" really helped. also helps that THAT is NOT my photo. :D

12. Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson Hell I like you!

I'd say start out on the SV. When I started the SV hadn't come out yet so I started out on an EX. The EX, 400's, Hawks and GS's where your basic intro race bikes and all had their good and bads. But, with time and effort I think they helped learning corner speed etc better than starting off in the 600 Nov. With that I switched to the SV and raced one for a few years and then went to the 600 expert class. I'd get the fuel injected SV also. Lee Acree and Opie gave me a lot of good input when starting out on lightweight bikes etc..and I would think most on here would agree with me and them that's it's the best place to start. Oh and if you want a novel of this kind of stuff to read on here just search for it, before one of these yahoo's flames you to search before asking this question. Being that you are from my hometown though I thought I'd be nice and reply.

13. craiganator

craiganator Member

Thanks

Thanks Chris.

I'll do more research before posting.

14. Tracee Polcin

Yeah, you're much uglier.:eek:

15. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

awwwww...... thanks guy. ;)

16. Tracee Polcin

Not a problem, anything for you.:up:

17. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

18. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

Bring back ole Ron!

19. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

While that is a more accurate likeness to Brad, I vote nay on the Ron avatar. That dude is just plain disgusting. I saw him in person a few years back in Vegas. He's even more gross in real life.

20. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

Come on now....you don't like him because of what he does and has nothing to do with being a short, fat, greasy...oops....hell, he could be my avatar brother :Poke: