# 31 at nelsons

Discussion in 'General' started by stalemate27, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

That's down rite scary. I would imagine the tire was a 195 rear, I don't think they make the slick in a 180 any longer. Hard to tell with the seperation. Get well soon!

2. BBaker

BBaker Well-Known Member

I thought Dunlop took care of this problem? At some point someone will take Dunlop to the bank because of this. I was going to say more but everyone knows this is f---ed up and Dunlop will ride the fence and hope it all goes away until it happens again.

Q: what does it take realize fjkldfjkdfjkl Haaaaaaa, shit its motorcycle racing things will not change.

Baker

3. Cherrypicker

Cherrypicker New Member

Just so you can put a face to a name, here is a pic of Frank at Shannonville 2 weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

4. skee

skee # 358

I see there are some canadians on here. What racing orgs. are up in the Toronto area? I might be working up there for a year or two doing contract work and didn't want to miss out on any racing.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

One thing no one has asked, is were they bought at Nelson, or the he bring them with?

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Go to the website run by Robert (AKA PITA Cannuck Agitator). It has links to all Canadian race and trackday orgs. and it has an annual calander of events: http://www.ontariotrackdays.com/

It is a great resource!:clap:

7. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Unlike you, who sucks at the Internets!

8. Matthillica

Matthillica Member

Rumor has it they were scrubs he brought from elsewhere. I don't have any idea how old they were, but they'd definitely been run elsewhere before Nelson.

9. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Man that bike is toast. Glad he's going to be okay. What turn did he go down in?

HD

10. Brian Van

If they were scrubs that is f**king stupid first off. Going fast on old tires:down: . I would really like to know if it was a 180 or a 195. Also would like to know the compound and the date code if possible. Reason being I also ride Dunlop slicks and Dot's.

11. Franks been around a long time, I'd assume he knows better than to put on shitty tires. Hope he gets out of it okay. I've met him a couple times back home, very nice guy.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  12. gobabygo

gobabygo Well-Known Member

Anyone have an email or address for some get wells?

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Howbout you look at the guys resume before you jump to conclusions.

14. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Brian,
    Before you call someone "Stupid" you should probably pull your head from your ass and look in the mirror. Frank has probably forgotten more about racing then you will ever know. Secondly what is the problem with running take offs??? and why would it be his fault if they failed?
    If you really want to go calling someone Fucking stupid, why don't you ring up someone from Dunlop and see how far that gets ya?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Why do scrubbed tires mean they were toast?Every hear of scrubbing tires in?

16. Take off and scrubs are quite a bit different. Besides, a tire should never come apart like that, regardless of it was a greasy take-off or not. Oh and not to mention he was in the 1:06 lap time range.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  17. Matthillica

Matthillica Member

Maybe I should clear this up... when I said "scrubs", I merely meant that I'd heard his tires were previously used. I didn't mean to be the be-all end-all authority on the state of his tires... I don't know anything, so don't take anything I've said as the god's given truth. They may have been brand new tires for all I know. I'm lucky if I can find pants to put on on my way to work most mornings.

Basically, I "heard" that the tires he was running on were used... to what extent they'd been used, I don't know.

18. Brian Van

SO Tom you are saying you would run times pushing the lap record running take offs? I didn't think so either. Yes I agree the tire still should not have failed as well. The newer liter bikes put so much power to the ground it seems like a real roll of the dice to reuse the tire if you intend to push it that hard. I wonder if this could have beensome old stock that fell within the recall Dunlop had last season?

19. Brian Van

Forgive my communication skills. My thoughts were it seems very off someone as fast and experienced would not be running so hard on takeoffs. I had read the RRW release yesterday and new he was a good rider. My response was clouded by the fact I have run around the majority of the season on these same (possibly) tires and it is a little unsetteling to see something like this happen. There was no disrespect intended for Frank at all.

20. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i dont think its really relevant if he was on brand new tires, or tires with a few laps on them.

Dunlop is obviously having a problem. they had the same problem around the same time last season.... but only with a certain slick.

the tread separated from the carcass on stever crevier's bike at mosport. wasnt there an incident at Mid-Ohio last season as well? (right around the same time as creviers)

[​IMG]