sv650 brake pads?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by warmseth, Sep 4, 2005.

1. warmseth

warmseth Well-Known Member

i have got braided lines and new fluid. i bought the bike only recently and don't know what the brand of pads are in there. but i know that i was feeling some definite fade on those suckers just 3 laps in. is there a pad that may be more resilient to brake fade than what i may have in? what do you reccomend?

thanks in advance

2. cranky yankee

cranky yankee Well-Known Member

Vesrah RJL pads.:up:

3. bluedogz

bluedogz Loooooooo budget

Had exactly the same problem till I swapped out to EBC HH. The ones that came out were EBC street compound (the black/gray ones) and they lasted about 3-4 laps before they faded REAL bad.

On the up side, my laps times definitely improved. Not stopping will do that.

4. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

+1 on the EBC HH pads-they make a huge difference

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:up: :up: :up: :up: Get em here:p

6. dave333

dave333 traveler

Anybody like the Ferodo pads? I ran the XR's for a bit and they had really good bite...

The Vesrah's I ran seemed progressive, the Ferodo's stop ya NOW. Granted, they seem to need better, smoother lever application, but when you say STOP they stop....

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have run the Ferodo's and Vesrah's. I like them both, but on a small bike you will heat cycle them out before the material is gone. So just because they have meat on them doesn't mean they are still good. All pads will do this as far as I can tell.

8. MarcLeonti

MarcLeonti Member

EBC HH pads are great. Same feel every time. Ferodo pads give great feedback to the rider, but I don't know how long the will last on the track.