Frigging r6 wheel wont fit on my r1 !!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jfboy, Sep 6, 2005.

1. jfboy

jfboy Well-Known Member

I bought a 2002 r6 wheel to put on my 2000 r1. The wheel fit BUT the spacers from the r1 wheel wont work with the r6 wheel.

On the r1 wheel: the scpacer has a innerlip that goes in between the axle-bolt and the bearing from the wheel.

On the r6 wheel: the inside of the bearing is made to fit driectly on the axle-bolt, the spacer does not come in-between the axle-bolt and the bearing like on the r1 wheel.

Can I get some r6 spacers and throw them in there ? Or are they different because of the non-inverted forks ?

2. MarcLeonti

MarcLeonti Member

Looks like you're playing with fire here. I've seen projects like this take bad turns, and it usually ends up with someone getting gravel picked out of their skin. Proceed with caution!

-Marc

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Common front wheel part numbers between the 2002 R6 and the 2000 R1:

1. Axle
    2. Bearings
    3. Seals.
    4. Inner spacer
    5. Wheel

The only thing not common between the two are the collars, but since the wheels are the same, the collars should interchange.

Are you sure the wheel is from a 2002 R6? How many "spokes" does it have? The 2002 had 3, the 2003 had 5.

4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Just like Darrin said, the wheels are the same except for the spacers. The only difference between the spacers is, there are dust shields on the R1, and none on the R6. If you have the model year parts you think you have, it will work.

I used my 01 R1 front wheel as a spare rain wheel for my 00 R6 race bike a few times with no problems.