1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bostrom Yamaha

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 4, 2005.

1. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

E Boz is a high maintenance rider...Ducati wants a hard nosed rider. I wouldn't be suprised if you saw Pork Chop on the Duc. The other option is they may pick up a Danny Eslick or some cheaper rider as the second rider. They may also be considering adding an F/X bike to the mix wouldn't that be cool!

2. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

I think even if Bostrom(s) go over to a Red Bull or Trojan, or Pepsi or whatever Yamaha team that is not full fledged factory supported they have a chance and some wins but not a championship. If Yamaha had a full fledged factory team for the support team to gain knowledge from i would think more could happen, as Erion honda has done in the past.

I just feel at the level these guys are racing, and at the top notch they need every dollar, nickel and RD tid bit of knowledge they can get to win a championship against Suzuki, Honda, Duc and most likely Kawi for 2006.

I don't feel the twin was E-boz issue for this year. Power deliver was not what he teared over it was constant traction, suspension stuff. He just has a bad year or two,.....lets just hope he turns it around. Even Mladin had a bad 02 with suspension issues and not a single win.

I just want to see more factory level guys race SB, so ill support whatever.......just not sure they have a sure shot chance with the big guys.

3. Just a note...the WSBK yamaha boys aren't full factory, and they are finally getting the bike to be competitive with Haga's bike,,,if it's a privateer maybe they will share notes....is there word on a factory SBK Yamaha for the AMA? If not i'm sure Yam will be sliding some parts their way...just speculation of course

4. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

dave, why are ALL of your silly season threas so....um.....silly. :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not mine, Dean's.

Mine would be that Gobert is going world endurance with phase one or that kurtis will be riding a suzuki for jordan next year. ;)

6. Terry Hesticle

Terry Hesticle Well-Known Member

I heard from a reliable source that Kawasaki is bringing Superbike racing in-house for 2006. Expect to see pork chop on a green superbike.

7. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

now THAT.... would sick, not silly.

sick, as in hell yeah!!!

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

For you guys who wanted him back on IL4's. ;)

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Dec/051210r.htm