1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Colin Winkelmann

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

http://www.bmxnews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=388

R.I.P. Colin Winkelmann

I heard about this from my good friend Scott Smallwood (Honda RS125GP #321) today. Scott went to Colin's wake this week in the Lima/Dayton area, and although I never met Colin his loss was huge to the BMX community. Search the web. An avid BMX'r and Ducati lover, world record holder in BMX Colin will be missed.

I feel for Scott and wish safe passage to Colin to where ever he might be, hopefuly on his bike somewhere going for a ride. Colin touched a lot of lives, and he will be missed.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Godspeed, Sir.

3. LoveRacing1

LoveRacing1 Kikimonolowaporkpie

That guy was super sick on a BMX, been a fan for like 10 years.

4. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

What? I used to hang out with that dude. We had some ramps in the back of an old grocery in Indy a long time ago, and he came there and rode. We had a mini, a wall ride, a spine and a half pipe. He came in and rode for a little while and then did the craziest jump from the mini to the wall. Nobody had ever even thought of putting those two together before. He was incredible.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

would it be an ass of me to ask how he died?
    rip anyways

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

"...apparently days ago Colin and his girlfriend got into a huge fight and she left. Colin started talking about suicide(nobody took it serious), cause Colin was always a happy guy. After 3 days, nobody had heard from him, so Alan Cooke and his buddy Gary Nichols were wondering where Colin had been.

Gary goes over to colins house, and finds all the doors are locked. He gets into the garage and Colin was laying on the garage floor with some blood coming out of his nose. The way it seems is that he died of carbon monoxide, Colin turned on his chopper and sat there in the garage until the fumes killed him."

Jezuz, what a fking waste. :(

Makes me so damn sad...

7. 3wfab

3wfab Mr. Tsongas to you..

Geez......I rode with Colin several times maybe 10 years ago......

Godspeed.........................