Jay Leno

Discussion in 'General' started by tonybrownphoto, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :Pop:

2. ccsracer114

ccsracer114 Member

Sorry, but NASCAR got to where it is today because of a lot of very hard work behind the scenes by some very dedicated people who took the time to figure out what "the millions of bubbas " wanted, and found a way to give it to them on the TV while also packing the stands.

And while "Most sports at the fan level of roadracing would kill to have three seconds of air time on something like the Tonight Show", most sports would have also really prepped their folks to promote the sport. Remember the US Olympic Women's Soccer Team?

I really hope that "... some of Jay's people will scout bike bulletin boards to see the feedback" and learn that we were woefully unprepared to meet the challenge of the television medium; then maybe somebody at AMA will wake up and realize that PR and Marketing really are important.

(and Tony... thanks for the pic of Nick)

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

How so:confused:

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Amen. :stupid:

5. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Them ain't fightin' werds?

I guess I's just stupid. :(

6. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

NASCAR got where it is because everyone drives a car. No matter how much you like motorcycles, marketing will never make it mainstream in North America. Ain't gonna happen.

I asked before why on earth would the Tonight Show producers care what is said on motocycle bulletin boards??? Neilsen tells them how many people watched and their demographics, they set their commercial rates.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dude, I can’t confirm or deny that you are stupid. What I do know is that I made an honest comment based on my own personal experiences and observations with in the motorcycle industry. Which is more than I can say for some. Hence; my response. I guess you may color me a non-mutual admiration society member.

I would have a hard time digesting any disagreement from those who are actually in the know. No worries. Just a simple observation.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why do motorcycle companies even bother to advertise? According to your statement the market place is already defined and set with no room for growth.

Curious? Have you been involved in a NASCAR/Corporate America presentation with regards to marketing and advertising etc? I can tell you first hand that the AMA does nothing in this area even remotely close to what/how NASCAR does.

So the alternative is to just accept things the way they are?

9. ccsracer114

ccsracer114 Member

And nobody watches horse racing either 'cause we don't ride horses on the street no mo'

10. Numbskullz81

Numbskullz81 Well-Known Member

Kudos to Jay Leno, the Haydens and everyone else who helped make it happen. It was great, no criticizing needed. Our sport is gaining momentum and that's awesome.

11. I disagree.........

this is the most annoying post ever..................this is what you call brilliant journalism???.................ddd570, what is it you strongly agree about?.....did you even read the postings leading to his comment??

You know, maybe being an outsider gives me this viewpoint, but what the frig is wrong with many motorcycle racers?

Most sports at the fan level of roadracing would kill to have three seconds of air time on something like the Tonight Show. Yet, all you hear is how the NBC producers didn't do their job, that Faith Hill wipes out anything the Haydens said, that "how dare they not mention Nicky's GP win," yadda, yadda, yadda....

Here you have a household name like Leno suggesting everybody go to a bike race and how they put on a better show than stock cars. They could easily have just put Nicky on since he IS in the big leagues, but then they have the decency to put the brothers on just to bring attention to the American level.

But noooooo...NBC sucks, Faith Hill and Kate Hudson rule and "we're oppressed by the people in power who still won't give our sport the coverage it deserves."

NASCAR got to its level by the millions of bubbas who didn't give a rat's ass about national coverage and just went to the races and supported the sponsors. National exposure came much later.

I'll betchat some of Jay's people will scout bike bulletin boards to see the feedback and most of what they hear is moaning, complaints, and misdirected concerns.

You know, as skillful and dangerous as the sport is, roadracing sure does seem to be loaded with a bunch of stupid crybabies.

BTW, notice how Kate Hudson "had to leave" before the Haydens came on? Well, of course the road racers were not worthy of sitting next to or waiting to listen to for 10 minutes. There's your disrespect of you racers, the Haydens, and this sport right there.

Oh, did I mention that some of you are stupid crybabies?

12. Some folks agreed about not talking about Motogp.............why do you think the Haydens were asked to the show????......for years now AMA and WSBK raced at Laguna...................but not until the United States Grand Prix with an AMERICAN winner which so happens to have 2 brothers that race............did it recieve the attention.......................don't you think if they would have announce...........Nicky Hayden, the United States Grand Prix winner..........it would have had more impact to what they do?????? Nicky/ United States won the race!!!!......that is what they should have sold to the non racing public........................enough said about that.

13. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

.............:wow: ................:D ................this thread............is .......................:Puke:

:D

14. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Motorcycle companies advertise to sell their products. But do you really believe if the AMA "just did a better job," they could match or beat NASCAR attendance and TV audience figures??

Sorry, I don't even know what a "NASCAR/Corporate America presentation with regards to marketing and advertising" is. :D

15. fasterlapdunn

fasterlapdunn Well-Known Member

16. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Hey, at least I'm smart enough to know how to click on the "quote" button. :Poke: :D

17. thedave

thedave Well-Known Member

You are all wrong.

Nascar is popular because Tom Cruise did a movie about it. Tom Cruise has probably sold more motorcycles by riding a bike in Top Gun than AMA racing has. Tom Cruise hasn't done a movie about road racing motorcylces so road racing motorcycles isn't popular yet.

Anyone know how to contact Tom Cruise? Anyone write a good script about road racing motorcycles? Scientologist with connections in the house?

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

19. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Call Keith Code.

20. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Too funny, but partially right. "Days of Thunder" was about as close to NASCAR as "Biker Boyz and "Torque" were to racing.

BTW, a good "fiction" novel about roadracing is coming out in a month or so through an independent publisher, written by a racer. "Highside" is good stuff and would translate to an excellent screen play. Don't know if we could get Tom Cruise to play the lead, Vin Deisel might be more appropriate. :D