1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Footage from STT @ Putnam

Discussion in 'General' started by Speedballer, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

Putnam Trackday 7-31-05

Other than a NESBA trackday back in 2001, I've only done trackdays the day before raceweekends, and it's mostly racers getting practice in.
    Wasn't thrilled w/ Nesba. Had some minor issues. No biggie.
    My second time w/ STT and loved it...again. Monty comes off as a great guy, with a good sense of humor.
    I will do more STT days this year, to reaclimate myself to the track, before heading back to racing in 06.

Brought the 929 again and did advanced. I am never in a hurry, so I always start slow and dont put my head down until after lunch. Was running sub-20's unless I was stuck behind guys. The bike and tires ain't the best, but I am starting to get comfortable again, out there....and that is whats important. Should be ready to roll by the spring.

Took 2.5 hours of great footage out there, got tons of fast guys ROLLIN'...unfortunately the camera mount was attached to my engine-mount bolt and the camera went nuts when I started my engine. Just checked all the footage today and it is all digitally ruined. Some kind of electrical prob caused by the motor.
    Only usable footage I have was from mounting the camera on buddies tail-section at the end of the day and doing two laps in the last session. Just cruised around to get some camera time, since all I ever do is film everyone else. I'm beyond tired and the tires are fried, so nothing great footage wise.

This is all I got.
    http://www.highspeedassault.com/images/putnam05.mpeg

Was great seeing some of my old racebuddies, and I had a blast.

Rant:
    I got to say this though.
    It is always stated in the riders meeting "this is a trackday, not a race...if someone continually shows you a wheel...let em go by"

There is definately something called track-day ettiquette and race-day ettiquette.
    During a race, I am ruthless but clean. On a trackday, show me a wheel and I will let you go by. It aint a race, it aint even close to a race. Dicing around w/ your buddies is one thing, but playing corner-chicken w/ riders trying to safely get past you is another.
    Had probs w/ about 3 guys out there that were race-day aggressive...way too aggressive for a trackday.
    Showing a wheel, but they are Rossi. Pulling alongside on exit, but they are Rossi. Over and over.
    I felt like the 250 guys, stuck behind these guys in the corners and then out powered to the next corner. Very frustrating. If I would have been on a decent bike it wouldnt have been an issue, but the bike I was on had me having to ere on the side of caution.
    Never saw (or ever seen) any amatuer or expert racer do this...it is always the backroad/trackday guys. Saw a little bit of this at Autobahn last month too.
    Guys, it aint a race...let the guy go by. If ya want to ride aggressive and dice, then enter a race.
    Rant over.

I cant wait to be racing again

:beer: :up: :rock:

2. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

no mention of your Fiddy riding????

How many times did you wreck it? Who was the girl that highsider herself in the grass with you? ;)

FYI: It was nice to meet you......

3. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

LOL! :beer:

Yeah, the dudes that saw my first fiddy wreck said the sleeve of my leathers got into the rear wheel and locked it. I was wondering why I was sliding down the pavement :eek: :D
    I also wrecked it at the concession stand...think I was trying to drag knee in the grass or sumthin.

The chick is nicknamed ""Crazy Girl"
    She had that 50 wound out in third in the grass leaving the concession...hit some ruts and FLEEEWWWWWWW...BIG hi-side Hahahaha :clap:
    That was some funny ch*t! :Pop:

Nice meeting you too :up: Hope I see you again, maybe Gingermann:beer:

4. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

Nuthin?

I at least expected some flames. I was all ready and everything....now I'll be bored all day:( :( :(

:moon:

5. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

I dug the hell outta watchin that guy behind you. Got me all worked

up. Nice clear footage. :up:

I think I'm gonna have to get a liter bike that's been thrown

around and make a streetfighter for track days and such.

If you throw that Honda down, WHO CARES. I need somethin

like that.

6. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

:clap: :clap: :clap: That guy was me :cool:

sv, I am having more fun in the last two trackdays then all last year stuntin. I am totally stoked about racing again....so stoked, that i am riding a stuntbike around just to get back out there
    :beer: