1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports drinks

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Anyone drink something besides water, Gatorade, All Sport, etc to keep fluids in you at the track?

When I took a race school there was some stuff but I can't remember what it was called. And I wanted to see if anyone was drinking anything different to say hydrated...

2. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Miller - bud - Mick - OB ( ask Sunny )

They worked for me !

3. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

When I raced endurance, I found the most effective drinks to be Orange Juice and water cut at about 40-60. I ended up drinking in a rotation of 1-2 bottles of 12oz waters. 1 OJ/Water drink and then one coke for the caffeine and sugar (if you normally drink coffee or cokes, you body will need the caffeine or you get the headache from hell). Combined with PB and J's, this combo will keep you from having to run to the shitter every 2 hours and prevent your stomach from feeling sour (which happens if you drink to many gatorade's in a row).

Marcus

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I alternate between coca cola and water. I sometimes drink gatorade if Ed is having a school.

5. slaw0002

No !!!!!!!!!

This thread was Jacked.

Remember Pete "Im a lover not a fighter":beer:

6. Fuzzy317

I didn't know this was a thread jack
    I thought they were simply your drink choice after the rider's meeting. :confused: ;)

7. slaw0002

Ok - I did hold off untill 5pm but by that time I was hurting!

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Damn it, I can't remember the friggin name. Swantz uses it, so does AOD. Something like cyclomax:mad: I hate when that happens,I was just talking to Melissa about it. Lot's of racers I know drink pediolite, just ask Justin Marm:D
    Whatever you choose, you need lots of water.

9. Fuzzy317

Did a google search for sports drinks, do you mean "Cytomax"?

http://www.runningtimes.com/issues/01julaug/gels.htm

10. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

I like Gatorade but only at half strength. Plus I still drinks lots of water. Your body needs the potasium and other stuff in the sports drinks.

11. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

I hear ya about hitting at least one Coke during a raceday. On a typical workday, I have one at breakfast (no coffee for me thanks) and then one at lunch. Helps keep me awake.

If I skip a Coke at the track, I'm destined for a headache. I usually have about water /gatorade at 50/50 all day long and then maybe a coke once a day.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

13. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

That is it! American Supercamp uses it as well.

14. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i drink this stuff called Squencher, i think it is. We drink it at work(construction) and it tastes great, is cheap, and works great. I've only seen it in the powder though. We make it in batches of 2.5 gallons.

15. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Cytomax is good as well as Propel.

16. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Cytomax is what you were thinking of. I have found limited places on the net that sell it...and when you can get a discount..it ends up being a wash because of shipping.

Lucky for me..several places in the Atl. area sell it. A case is just under $40...and I really like the taste and seem to keep energy and focus better when consuming a couple during the day at the track.

17. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Water, Gatorade if you want to be normal with a mix of Red Bull chugged right before you sprint. Cytomax is fed to you at the Spencer school too. Pedialite if you a crazy person like SpEd or Louis and someone had some go-go stuff one some point in time that supposedly the Hayden's drink.

-Steve

18. Ninja250Rider

Ninja250Rider Dad's Little Hooligan

In the morning ill put down 2 AMPs, i drink a bottle of water between sessions, gatorade too. A red bull or AMP every other session. Keeps me wired :beer:

19. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

1 Green Monster drink...then water, then gatoraid, water, gatoraid........I get dehydrated easy...:D

In fact, once I was totally dehydrated, not fun...when your limbs start twisting all over in contorted ways...:(

And coke isn't the best thing for rehydrating...:p

20. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

OB ....shit you can get that stuff in the states? oh the memories..well I had some but now I cant remember most of them....i think it was the soju.