125 starter now. this weekend would be a plus

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by clarkandgrilli, Jul 28, 2005.

1. clarkandgrilli

clarkandgrilli Well-Known Member

Its not nessesary by this weekend but I would like to move on this sooner rather than later.

I am looking for a starter 125 and have been talking with three people. I am asking if you guys will let me know if you have one for sale or know someone who does. Obviously price matters and distance. Its entirely possible i may end up driving a hell of a long way this weekend. [email protected] or 1-614-406-6999-cell

nothing is too cheap but $3000 is too much. Without sounding like a cheap ass.. STARTER BIKE, I have to keep reminding myself.

I have a very wonderful wife who is letting me get one before my other bikes sell :wow:. If you know anyone looking for an 02' yz125 or an 03' RC51 feel free to give him my email. Think of it as good marrige therapy :p
    [email protected] or 1-614-406-6999-cell

I really want a starter 125 that I can use for two seasons to get to understand these machines and how to go faster. At 33 years I also dont have any dillusions of getting paid to race so I want to try and act like a reasonable guy :rolleyes:

Any and all comments, opinions or retardedness is welcome.

I live in Central Ohio, Pickerington to be exact.

Thanks thanks thanks

Anthony Grilli
    [email protected] or 1-614-406-6999-cell

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  2. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

No offense but its probably going to be hard to find anything '95 or newer for that price, and it will probably be hard parts for anything older than a '95, but good luck with whatever you decide to do!:)

3. clarkandgrilli

I'm considering a

94' TZ with a few spares but mostly stock.
    93' RS with a lot of spares wheels and WP shock
    98' RS thats about $1700 out of my price range
    94' RS that looks to be in good shape but without to many spares.

I just dont think I am gonna notice much difference between a 94 and a 98. I'm sure there are a lot of differences but will a 125 noob really be able to capatilize on them?

4. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I'd say yes, but I suppose I'm a newb myself. Depends on how fast you want to go and how quickly you want to improve. The first time I rode my '95 which was at jennings (not first time on the track, but 1st time on a 125 or any fast bike) I ran a 1:27.xx. The pace the fastest guys on the best 125's run there is about a 1:21. so I was about 6 seconds off. Not too bad for the 1st time. I have been back since then and I ran a '25 the next time. My point in telling you this is that it is easier to ride a 125 at or near its limits than a larger bike, and I think you will notice the difference between a fast bike and a slow bike very quickly!:) I would advise buying a '94 and up TZ, or a '95 RS. The TZ will probably be closer to your price range. Good luck, Ian

5. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

6. richthorn

richthorn Active Member

Hey supersquid...please call 205 222 6676....interested in the rs125.

7. q-rim

q-rim ***********************

Here's a link to USGPRU stats:

My opinion...
    1. Get a Honda. It's the one that's mostly ridden by 125cc riders. Part of getting started in 2-stroke business is asking questions around the pits. If you have riders on the same machine as you, they can provide you with the most accurate info. (Hook up with USGPRU guys)
    You do have alternative to Honda such as Aprillia RS125 (GPversion) or Yamaha (TZ125). From what I hear, Aprillia is very expensive and Yamaha is a bit more challenging to tune.

2. Get Honda RS125 years: 95 and above.
    Starting 95, Honda totally redesigned Rs125. Pre 95's you'll have hard time finding parts and the bike will most likely lack in all around performance compared to 95+ models.
    97- Honda redesigned the frame at the engine mount to be a tubular design.
    98- Honda installs "Power Jet" carbs on RS125s.

In getting any bikes...
    don't go cheap on buying a bike.
    Last thing you want while you're taking your bike to it's limit is to have doubts about your bike.

Good luck!:beer:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  8. clarkandgrilli

thanks for the replies. So far it seems everyone is on the same page about a 95+. So it seems I will wait until my RC is sold. I do have another question.

Are they really that far apart? (92 vs. 95) I mean if equal riders were on those machines would the difference be night and day? Are the lap times of a 98rs/tz going to be that much lower than the same rider on a 92rs/tz?