1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings ???'s

Discussion in 'General' started by R1ZOOM, Jul 11, 2005.

1. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

Are the pits at Jennings paved, gravel, mud, grass, or what? Also, how is the spectator area? Can you see much of the track from any given point, or is it not very spectator friendly? If not, are most sections of the track easily accessible via pitbike, ATV, donkey, goat, or whatever you get around on? Thanks.

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

There are some pit spaces paved, but they usually are taken pretty fast Friday. There are grass areas to setup in. There isn't really one place to see the whole track, maybe see turns 1-4 one spot, then move to other side of paddock to see the rest of track. If you bring pitbike/ATV/donkey/goat, NO PLAYING around on them or they might be impounded.

3. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

there are nearly 40 concrete pit pads, 30 of them have power, if you stand in between 13 and 14 you can see every turn apart from the entry to turn one,

as for the goats or donkeys you gotta be carefull it is north florida after all!

4. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Yeah, but the power is the sux0r. I'll use my generator than the power at that place.

-Steve

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

although the accomodations are "minor" by contrast to a major roadracing facility, the jenningGP track is awesome. It is a totally bike only facility, potentially the only of its kind in the US. It would be nice to have lots more pavement for the entrance and for pits, as well as big grandstands but that could be some time.. the collection hat is at the front gate!:D
    Yes, the pit pads fill up pretty fast but the heat of summer does keep some that only do a few track days a year away. Power can not be depended on as it never fails that more than a few will try to plug warmers in and the breakers will inevetibly trip. I would count on your own generator.
    As bloke stated, viewing is great in T1 and t13/14 as there are bleachers.

6. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

thanks for the replies, answered all my questions, power is not a concern because our toy hauler has a big Onan quiet series built in

7. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

the "roads" outside of the paddock are compacted sand. when you go out you can hit the gas and the tire spins and its wettish sand so it doesnt fly up, but i never do that

8. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Any chance on getting a schedule for the event before we get to the registration line?

-Steve

9. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

your race is #16 on Sunday !!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just for you Steve - nope.

You need to bite the bullet and just stick around :Poke:

11. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

What time is the first session Saturday? 8 or 9? (Need to know when to leave the house)

12. AustinClark

AustinClark Well-Known Member

you would probobly get stuck for how fast that little metrakit goes:wow: :Pop:

13. Fuzzy317

I think practice usually starts on Saturday at 8:30 AM.

14. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

*sniff* Mongo dosen't like me.... *sniff*

Oh wait, Mongo dosen't like anyone. Well, not so much for the right or left column, more for what time crap starts on Saturday and if it'll be one or two rounds of practice Saturday morning.

-Steve

15. Fuzzy317

Normally practice Saturday starts at 8:30 am. They usually try for 2 rounds, but I don't know what will happen this weekend. :confused:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8:30am and Jennings is always 2 rounds.

17. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Cool thanks. We need to start a late afternoon series for us non-morning people. I think the only time I ever actually see 6am that dosen't involve lots of alcohol is when I get up to go racing.

-Steve