1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dennis and JenningsGP

Discussion in 'General' started by Lane, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard how Dennis affected Jennings? With all the rain they appear to be getting, I was wondering if it was under water by now?

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Watch out for the alligators ;)

IMHO looked like Dennis was far enough away not to worry too much. The track should be okay, just don't run off track. ;) And hopefully the driveway leading in drains quickly. :up: Paddock area may still have some puddles by Friday. :confused:

3. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

Man, in that flat-as-a-pancake area of Florida, I bet even the gators are searching for high ground!

Actually, it did appear to go far enough west to not affect it too bad. Maybe Bill Brown can give us an update.

4. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Hell, last time I was there I was parked in the middle of the field. WOke up the next morning to almost knee deep water...

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Jennings

Is Jennings in Florida some where? I remember trying to do a race some where in Florida in 1993 or 1994 after driving all the way from Torrance in California in 4 days they had to can it due man eaters on the track.
    O well, I got to see Texas and texas and and

6. Fuzzy317

But this time "those us going" ;) can see where the water is first and park on high ground.

j/k, love ya babe ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  7. GregR6

GregR6 Well-Known Member

that was the 2nd part of my questions....

Hopefully it's dried up pretty good...

1st part, and obvious as it may sound, will Pirelli have a truck there? This is only my 2nd time to Jennings, 1st with wera.

Anybody with an idea of expected turnout for ex's? Looking at the last event, grids were only 4-10 deep... ??:wow:

8. Fuzzy317

1st: Usually all tire brand vendors are there, but I can't say that for sure. :confused: I think Pirelli is Trackside, maybe they will speak up, or email and ask them.

2nd: its North Florida region with vintage, so turnout may be light. :confused: There is a Grattan National the same weekend, some racers may go there, some may do Jennings to keep fresh. :confused:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bill is no longer with Jennings but the track should be fine. We'll call them tomorrow just to double check but I can't see why anything would be worng, they got no worse than we are in Atlanta.

10. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

They just had a "special Announcement" on the ALbany news...They are rescuing people w/ boats....

What happened to Bill?

11. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

awaiting a verdict on Jennings.......................of course, there's a new tropical system now, so will it be here this weekend to spoilt the fun.......................hmmm

12. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Re: Jennings

HAHAHA, I grew up in Wilmington over by Torrance. We used to go to the Vans store there before Vans got big!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What verdict? Jennings is happening as of now. There is no verdict to be waited on.

Y'all worry too much.

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

15. bluebye

bluebye skinitback

What happened to Bill?

Sounds like he got the high hard one. Good luck Fatness. :up: