1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA needs a premier Superbike class with ALL the manufacturers

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Jul 11, 2005.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

AMA racing is too fragmented, split across too many classes. When are the rules next up for review to ensure that the Superbike class has Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducati all competing togther?

Keep the support races for smaller teams and up and comers.

(It's amazing this subject has never been discussed on here before..!!!...;) )

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Next review in 3 years. :Poke: :D

3. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Better yet why don't factories back one bike.. that's it one bike in each class... spend the rest of the money on satelite teams...this would make the 200X better. Factory racing sucks....NASCAR plan is where it is at!

too bad the japanese and Europeans don't get it... That is why MotoGP and F1 Suck as spectator sports!

4. Chip

Chip Registered

I disagree.........I think the AMA should have 22 diffferent classes so that each factory rider can have his own class and of course championship, this will also allow every privateer to get a top ten.

Brilliant.....

5. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Maybe an AMA series of 200-500 Mile races...One class only they run on Sunday....Have 1 race of half the distance on Saturdays...Practice Friday and Saturday AM...

THis would be fun!!!

:D

6. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

its terrible Yamaha and Kawi arent in the superbike class.. and next year there are rummors of honda dropping out of the main class. Looks like is Suzuki cup racing. are ducati 748(what ever the number is) allowed in fx?

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That would be suh-weet! They could get sponsorships from alcohol companies, the drug industry, home improvement stores, etc. They could run at some short tracks and some bigger oval tracks... In fact, the AMA could make it so they do a 2-wide rolling start behind a "pace bike"... :clap:

oh... wait... :eek: :D

8. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

I was thinking of a Le mans style start....

Pace bike would be cool!...

HHMMMM.....Now all we need are some drunk rednecks!

9. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

How 'bout this? An honest to goodness spec class. No mods, run what you can buy off the showroom floor, 600 shoot out. They all have decent enough suspension, so throw on a spec race tire provided by one manufacturer, dump in some pump gas, and let 'er rip.

That would separate the greats from the rest real fast. :beer:

10. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

American viewers don't give a rats ass about a spec class and who the better racer is.. they want attitude from the drivers, big crashes, fast bikes, and a good show...

11. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

I can tell you what I dont want to see... guys getting lapped 3 times in one race :)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No surprise there - they dropped out of 750's for the same reason, rather than work at being competitive in the US they pack their shit when Suzuki is better and go home. Yamaha and Kawi even have viable literbikes - why are they not racing Superbike?

I love the racing industry but some days the stupid shit is just stupid shit.

13. Spyderchick

:stupid:

14. AustinClark

AustinClark Well-Known Member

i can tell you what i do want to see...

mat malladin going to world super bike:D :up:

p.s. then you wont see people getting laped three times in one race:wow:

15. laohu69

laohu69 Well-Known Member

Someone call for me? :beer:

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Exactly.

This way everybody can buy a championship.

I truly think that this is the reason the classes are set up the way they are.

The factories have AMA in their back pocket.

17. Spyderchick

Dudes, its called CCS:wow: :D :Poke:

18. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

we already had a 20 odd page thread about this and apparently the USA isnt ready for a spec class!

19. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

also i think markB is right, the classes are bein spread to thin! and wheres the class for younger up and comin riders?

by young i meen 12 to 16 year olds?

20. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Yeah, I hate to point to the UK model, (because it calls into question my own objectivity being British etc etc).:rolleyes: .......but honestly, they seem to have a good thing going with BSB (Superbikes) + BSS (600's) and then the Virgin Yamaha spec series for up and coming youngsters all on R6's. It all seems simple and straightforward.

With the right structure the AMA would be the best national series in the world - its almost there right now - all the right guys and teams meet at the track each weekend - they just need to race each other...