test drive/ 911 turbo

Discussion in 'General' started by CUDA, Jul 5, 2005.

1. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Got to drive one of these puppies today. All I can say is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. 4 wheel drive and some special package that put 50 xtra on top of 400 ponies. I am surprised after racing 2 wheels that it would even get the blood pumping, but boy did it ever. If you get the chance take it, well worth the trouble and the money if you have it spare.

2. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I heard 911 drivers had to have little pee pee's, so I've stayed away...

(cuz I don't want anyone to know i've..... oh never mind)

3. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

I have been on a little break from racing Bikes and have taken up racing cars. A Porsch 944Turbo. FUN,FUN,FUN:D And it's a slow car. The seat belts and rollcage made it pretty attractive after having a few broken coller,wrist,rib,knee,ankle brakes. The thing is ,it dosen't really seem that much slower.The "G's" in a a car and the crazyass way you can slide it without crashing makes up for the fact your not on two wheels;)

4. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Not a Porsche but I did get to ride in a Mercedes G55 AMG class SUV....This is the baddest SUV I have ever been in... Sounds like a Vette purring with the stock exhaust...Tons of torque...must be nice to have money cause this is the guys true Off road vehicle ...if amyone has any suspension connections he is looking for a 3-6" lift kit

5. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

I don't have 400+ HP, but my BMW puts a smile on my face every single drive. I enjoy driving it fast more than my bike...it's just a whole different experience. I hope to race it or another like it one day!

(however, I do miss my pick up truck.......ever tried sticking landscape ties in the trunk of a BMW?:down: )

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My truck solves that problem. And it's faster than your Beemer.

[​IMG]

7. I did a track day a few weeks ago in my wifes TL, went out with a busy in an 04 WRX STi that was an ex-SCCA car, must say, put me on a bike any day. It is fun, but not as fun as a bike.

8. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Sorry, but my BMW is little more than my racebike's BITCH, as can be seen here :D :
    [​IMG]

....cannot compare the two experiences....:)

9. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

Man that old thing is a big POS!:eek:

:Poke:

Actually that is pretty cool. I will let you know if I am ever able to get the little SV's power under control. It was good talking with you again this year, glad your collar bone healed. See ya next time.

Crispy

10. kds

kds Well-Known Member

I'd love to drive the new 911 all-wheel drive, but it's way out of my range. My father-in-law is into cars, and he's got a few weekend toys including an 89 911, this F355 (photo is from car show), and a 65 Corvette (cover photo and 4 page article in mag this month). I look forward to visiting the in-laws as much as possible, and I agree that some cars are as exciting or more exciting than some bikes. :D

11. kds

kds Well-Known Member

Get in touch with Aero1100 via his website. He has a small business that does high-end off-road customizing, so he might be able to help you.

12. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I've got all you guys beat :) Got to ride in a Carerra GT couple weeks ago. Granted it was just 3 laps around the dealership but the sales guy HAMMERED this thing. Now I've been on all kinds of open liter bikes and I have to say this thing "felt" faster than anything on 2 wheels I've been on. It seriously felt like it was draining the blood from my head for that brief couple seconds he nailed it. He also stepped it out coming around the dealership parking lot (lined with Porsches for sale) This guy had to be related to the owner to be driving like this. He also gave like 4 other people laps around the dealership too, cool guy.

If you don't know this car, it's around $440,000/600 HP and UNLIKE any other porsche.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Think about it, the best things in the world are german engineered. Porsche, BMW's, Audi's, Dave K's.

Yeap, all the best things.

14. MarkB

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

This came from Germany, does this count?

[​IMG]

Deiter wants you to touch his monkey. You know you want to... Touch his monkey! :D

16. MarkB

[​IMG]

And it just keeps getting worse....

17. MarkB

Some more Germans, yesterday:

[​IMG]

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I believe this is also a product of German engineering:

[​IMG]

Gotta love lederhosen... functional, yet stylish... :D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

he's American and the result of urine in the gene pool.

20. MarkB

Soooooo....what ARE you then??? :)

...and do you need some Chlorine for that gene pool or what?:Poke: