1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cartersville, GA

Discussion in 'General' started by sowega, Jun 27, 2005.

1. sowega

sowega #710

whaddaya know about it?

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

About 45 minutes north of ATL. Lots of farmland. One big coal-burning powerplant. Bartow county schools. Property is reasonably priced.

3. kds

kds Well-Known Member

Okay town/small city. Everything you need nearby including descent hospital, stores, parks, recreational parks, lake, okay schools, and it's less than an hour to Atlanta for anything else (i.e. nightlife). Houses are not too expensive either. If my commute wouldn't take so long with traffic, my family would live out there.

4. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I live in Rome, GA - 20 miles away. Cartersville is on the way to Atlanta. It is cheap, rural, and the closest you can get to ATL before the prices start going up. Not real picturesque, but it has a decent Irish bar, and lots of big shops etc......

5. sowega

sowega #710

If I were to live in Marietta & commute to Cartersville, how would commuter traffic be?

6. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

There wouldnt be any traffic - would be a nice ride for you, 25minutes say.

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Very good. Ideal for Atlanta area.

8. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

sowega stop stalkin me you already chased me out of florida dont make me move again! i told you im not interested and im not like that i like chicks!

try south beach or san fransico you,ll find the man of your dreams there im sure :D

ps cartersville sucks!

9. tim503

tim503 Well-Known Member

Like Mark said, there wouldn't be much in the way of traffic for you if you do it that way. You'd be going the opposite direction from most everyone else at any given time of day. I used to live in Kennesaw and worked out that way for a while. No problems at all. For that matter, Kennesaw has really grown, so it might be worth considering finding a place to live there. The prices there (and in Marietta) will be higher than in Cartersville though.

There are some really nice park areas around the lake and below the dam, etc, in Cartersville. Like someone said, the downtown area it's self is pretty generic, but over by the lake there are some really pretty spots. Another good thing about Cartersville, if you decide to live there and you ride on the street, is that the mountains (and good riding) are not too far away and you won't have to deal with all the traffic on the "commute" to the good roads. :up:

10. sowega

sowega #710

bloke, you silly tit, I've never lived in Florida. and if you're not interested, why do you keep sending me pictures of yourself slathered in mayonaise with lewd invitations?

11. fat bloke

i mail everybody on the wera forum those pics!

who you gonna be workin for in cartersville?

the dollar store is hiring (i got turned down)

12. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to be sick:Puke:

13. sowega

sowega #710

Bloke has that effect on most people.

Bloke,
    I just got a call from a high school in Cartersville about teaching there this year. I'm doing a little research on the area, so I'll sound at least a little prepared when I call the principal back.

14. fat bloke

dont worry it woz miracle whip anyway!

15. bluebye

bluebye skinitback

I have lived in Bartow co. for 42 years. Graduated C'ville high in 1970. Work in C'ville (suzuki shop). This area is trying to go upscale but is heavily red neck (not that there is anything wrong with that:D ). Most things move a little slower than Atlanta with a lot of southern pride. If you know what the phrase under my screen name means you will do aight. :up:

16. fat bloke

your a teacher!!!!!!!!!!!

that explains the youth of america :D

17. sowega

sowega #710

I'm enough of a teacher to note that you should have used "you're" instead of "your." :Poke: My degrees are actually more geared towards teaching college, but I haven't found any available jobs I like, so I'm looking at high schools.

Either way, I plan on whipping your ass around Jennings next time I'm there.

18. fat bloke

your gonna need more than a degree for that noobie :cool:

19. sowega

sowega #710

not if you stay on that ex500.

besides, I have TWO degrees!:eek:

20. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

The Budweiser plant is located there!! What more could you possibly need to know? :D

:beer: