1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomahawk warmers?

Discussion in 'General' started by twinn-burner, Jun 21, 2005.

1. twinn-burner

twinn-burner Well-Known Member

Anybody tried them....they any good?

2. lzcztq

lzcztq Well-Known Member

They do look very similar to these Sumomoto tire warmers that I got off of E-bay. But the price is a litte higher.

Before I bought the Sumomoto's I asked a few buyers their opinions on them. One guy responded that he went as far as asking Sumomoto if they were the manufacturer of the Chicken Hawks. The response he got was "no" but they did say that they manufactured warmers for other suppliers. Now I wonder if Tomahawk is on of those suppliers?????

BTW, my Sumomoto's work great.

3. balistic

balistic Well-Known Member

I have two sets and will be trying them out this weekend. I have worked with them testing for the last year ( three different types) so I am expecting them to be good.

4. INR1

INR1 Well-Known Member

updates?

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Hmmm, I was looking at these as well.....:D

6. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

We just got them in and I tried the first set at the Willow Round. They work great.:up: , just as good IMHO as C.H.

7. balistic

They are warmers and worked fine. I had two considerations while using them that I will bring up to them this week.

first is that I run the 195 Dunlop slicks and they will just barly reach the velcro, leaving a four to five inch spot with no eliment on the tire.

secondly when I used them on a used ( shagged) tire from December the tire printed the shape of the eliments in blue. I don't kow if it was an old tire issue(leaching oil), the 105 degree ambiant heat, or some other reason. It just caught my eye and I am going to talk to them about it.

No doubt they do work though.

8. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

Will,

If you look at them closely, there is element under the velcro, so if they just reach, that should be okay.

As far as the other thing, I guess you need to talk to the powers that be.

9. balistic

Ivan
    It's like my wife says, if it were just a couple inches longer!

10. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

:Off: :D