1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Fixed!!! Finally!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by todzuki, Jun 16, 2005.

1. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I finally, after 2 seperate shops tried and failed to fix the mistery problem with my 2004 gsxr 1k, figured out the problem and fixed it.

Recap:
    Bike runs on only 2 cylinders after about 4k rpm.
    Shows F.I. codes 25 and 26 (#2 and #3 ignition coils or cam position sensor, or crank position sensor)

Checked continuity of entire wiring harnes three times.
    Swapped all coil/caps, plugs, CDI box, fuel pump, wiring harness (thanks gsxrkid.rpm), and all related sensors, rewired ignition switch, and swapped all this out with verifiably good working components.

After all these things, the bike still ran on only 2 after 4k rpm. It would spit and backfire through the exhaust as if running too lean or something.

On my way home from South Carolina today, I thought about it as if it were a 1994 gsxr and not a 2004. Then it came to me: Could the timing be off? Could it have jumped time on the warmup lap? I removed the valve cover, set it to TDC on #4 and there it was. One tooth off on the exhaust cam.

I'll see your asses on the grid at TGPR!

2. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

:clap: just for being mechanically inclined! Congrats...suxzuki still sucks:p

3. bluebye

bluebye skinitback

Jumped cam timing? What caused it to do that on the warm up lap? That is very odd. I mean, something caused it.

4. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

You should have seen his warmup lap!!:D

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Yeah the broken tooth caused it. He said "Could it have jumped time on the warmup lap"

6. It's about time. 'nuff said.