83yr. old female gets P/N license

Discussion in 'General' started by mfbRSV, Jun 11, 2005.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

That's right, after much pressure by her favorite son over the last few months my 83 year arthritis suffering mother completed her first Publix/Novice session without incident.

She ran the A-SS class for her first weekend (Amigo Smart Shopper - battery powered shopping cart). I followed close behind on my 247SS (two 47yr old legs, in shorts & sandals). She stuffed an inattentive shopper in aisle one, and had a near miss on aisle seven when her and an elderly gentleman tried to occupy the same space while going for the frozen veggies...no contact but it was close. :eek:

She also successfully navigated through a waving debris flag area on aisle 12 after an Ocean Spray Cranapple crash.

She commented that suspension of the Amigo was spot on for her riding style but that she would have to get used to the power band, it comes on with enough power that it could get her in trouble if she is not careful.

All in all it was a great outing! Her lap time of Publix last week (walking a push cart) was about 75 minutes. This week on the Amigo she lapped the course in about 45 minutes.

I look forward to her second clean weekend next Saturday when she be able to lose the green shirt for good.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

pls e-m ur delr PM...

3. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

4. macdaddy

macdaddy PRAISE "BOB"

:up: to your mom
    that thing in 12 looked scarry as hell
    and i think she liked the close stuff in 7 when it was all said an done
    she might want to go a little easy on the red bull and geratol before the next event

5. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

Mac, aren't you one of the guys that "recognized" me at Touring

Sport a couple weeks ago? :)

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If your Mom gets in my way on the way to the slim jims again, I'll kick her again.

7. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

macdaddy #96
    Touring sport BMW aprilia Ducati {----------------------------
    J.V.E.
    Krodaddy
    Lather rinse repeat
    Safe with MOST medications

Duh :eek:

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Now I know what she meant when she told me to be ready to hip check that Keebler Elf looking guy if he gets close to the cart again.