1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oil???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by repars, Apr 24, 2005.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Dennis Garber (Gypsy Racing) is a dealer, and can get you a good price on Amsoil...if you PM him he can give you the 411, and you can have it delivered to the comfort of your own home :)

2. stabber

stabber Well-Known Member

I'll PM him. Thanks :)

3. repars

repars Active Member

Guys-

Thanks for all of the susgestions, I'm going to try the Shell Rotella this time, but I think next time I'm in Wally Wolrd I'll pick up some 5W-40 Mobile 1 Truck and SUV oil. I figure I'll give them all a try. Anyone have any advice on filters, should I stick with OEM? Has anyone tried the Scotts re-useable filter???

Thanks
    JP

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I use Vesrah filters

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

A couple notes...remember that the Rotella T comes in synthetic and non-synthetic. The one you want at Wally World is the 5W40 Synthetic. Also, the brown cap Mobil 1 "Extended Life" is 5W30, and is another one that is not "energy conserving. It's $24 for 5 quarts, and the Rotella T Synth. is $13/gallon.

6. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Never tried a Scotts oil filter but I saw an article stating that it has too coarse of a mesh filter and will pass more junk than just about any of the other filters out there. Not sure of the accuracy of that info but it's worth looking into. Not to mention the price. It doesn't sound like much of a bargain.

7. ZX-7RR

ZX-7RR GSXR Killer

Whats the low-down on Castrol R4 ????? I've been using it for years....no probs

8. dragonwrecker

dragonwrecker Member

i too use mobil 1 and have never had a problem.alot of the other oils mentioned are great oil but i cant see myself spending 3 to 5 times as much as often as i change my oil.just my 2 cents worth

9. repars

repars Active Member

Update

Guys-

I didn't want to beat this horse to death but here is an intresting link.

http://www.rotella.com/qa/answerresult.php?rowid=81

I think I'm going to stick with the Shell Rotella Synthetic for a few months and see how it works out.

Thanks
    JP

10. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

amsoil is the best, buy it.