1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So do I go or not?

Discussion in 'General' started by cincykid, Apr 21, 2005.

?

WTF do I do?

1. Cancel and try to get my money back.

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Quit bitchin and tough it out.

21 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Try to reschedule for a trackday later in the year.

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. 34D

34D Banned

You guys should call the credit card company and dispute the charges:D

You didn't get what you paid for did you?

2. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

stt_guy (monte, right?),

did the track cancel sunday?

if so, were any rain/snow vouchers issued (I signed up for both days, and would've gladly driven up there to at least get 1/2 of the $410 I paid back. But i was told by bonnie that mid-ohio doesn't cancel any event).

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

A public race forum isn't the proper place for contacting us. If you would like to contact Bonnie or Me please use the email address listed on the STT website.

4. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yeah only use this site if you are trying to prove someone wrong about your trackdays, promote your trackdays (however covertly), and to point out that you are a Michelin dealer. Never,ever, ever use this site to question the all great and mighty STT, when they contradict themselves. Afterall they pay a lot of money to promote themselves here.........oh wait, nevermind.

5. STT-Rider

Actually I want to ask him some questions that didn't need to be displayed here for reasons that you just made all to clear. Whoops hit post to soon..

I don't want our private emails on an public internet forum while we're are discussing information that is not public as of yet. Simple as that.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  6. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

hey monte,

i don't mean to come off as an ass. but i am a broke college grad, and hate to lose so much $ (i understand many others are in my situation too, and we were all the victims of fickle mother nature...).

def. contact me by email (i emailed you..umm...thursday night i believe---my email is [email protected]).

7. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

BIGGEST UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR AWARD goes to STT-Guy

For the Record: It was M F'in Cold, It was only wet until it turned to ice and snow. All in all the day blew chunks, but then the chunks froze and I slipped and fell on them, thus bruising my wallet.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  8. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

sorry to hear about your mishap; that's exactly why I said f-it, and stayed home....:(

9. crammer1977

crammer1977 SATISFIED ENZYTE USER

Yeah, cold and wet was an understatement concerning Saturday’s conditions……but hey, at least I can now say that I rode Mid-Ohio now……..my only complaint is that my lunch was cold by the time I got back to my truck/pit area. Oh, and my R1 was slipin and sliding all over the place.

10. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

will with hold response awaiting another "friendly" reply from stt.

11. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

For what its worth, STT guy is super cool and so is Bonnie. Now if the temp only would have went up 50 degrees and the track dried out after lunch that would have been great because by 3:30 on Sat there was only about 8-9 of us actually there out on the track total for all groups!!!

12. STT-Rider

Update

Update: It looks like we will have a make up date of June 14th. This is not 100% but looks very positive.

More info when available.

13. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

Sweet! Good news.

And yes the weather was terrible, but what can ya do. You just have to make the best of it. Which was hard to do given the weather.

But we will always have the memories of riding Mid-OH in Sub 35 deg temps in the snow. Not many others can say that.

Hey Cincy Kid. Good meeting you all and thanks for hooking my bud up with the spare parts. Went to give back your drill bit and you guys had split already. Look me up and I'll get ya a new one.

BTW, If anyone found a finger by Garage 12, it's mine. Hands got so cold it fell off and I didn't even notice.:beer:

14. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

here's a question for you... to recieve the voucher for sunday will you have had to be at the track waiting for you to cancel the event or will everyone that paid for the day recieve one? there are several people that chose not to attend due the weather and travel costs wondering. And no, not just my wife and I.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  15. STT-Rider

The make up date is open to every rider who was registered to ride on Snow-Bowl Sunday.

16. RockStar44

RockStar44 Hayden OWNS Martini!

Question

Monte,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us about the make up date. I tried to be understanding about the situation considering no one can control the weather or the smart people making the decisions at Mid-O:rolleyes: .

But can you explain this:

As you have posted several times, this IS the policy, and yet you just said that you didn't have to be present to recieve a voucher for the make-up date :confused:

We stayed at a hotel Saturday night, hoping that the event would be re-scheduled for the sole reason of returning to the track Sunday morning to recieve our vouchers, and now I find out that we could've just went home after Saturday's debacle and we would have still received our vouchers!?!?!

Please explain this to me. I thought the rules were VERY clear on this.

17. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

LOL Monte just can't win with you guys! :D

18. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

At the time, they didn't know they were going to be able to reschedule so there were no vouchers to hand out, as I understand it.

The rules are clear, but when a guy is trying to give people a break and be cool about things, just let it be. When you're in any business, if you try to please every single person, you're wasting your time. Monte is helping a large portion of people that got screwed on Sunday and I think that's very cool.

I'm sure he's not trying to screw you (or anyone) so don't take it personally. Track days and weather are always a gamble and everyone usually does everything in their power to help each other out.

I'd be ticked if I wasted money on a hotel room, too, but just understand that there's only so much Monte can do. :beer:

19. RockStar44

RockStar44 Hayden OWNS Martini!

You're right...

Eck, you are right, and I really thought about this post before I hit "SUBMIT".

I asked Bonnie and Monte both before leaving Saturday (I was one of the VERY FEW that stayed all day Sat), what they thought about Sunday, just to see if we could head home. Neither one said they knew what was going to happen for Sunday, so I made the decision to stay, and I TOTALLY understand that.

They only thing I am saying, is that Monte posted SEVERAL times on here about the "rules", and now those are being modified.

Please don't misunderstand clarification for frustration. I am fully aware that I could've made the decision to leave. And trust me, with my luck, that would've been the time, when the rule about being there to receive your voucher would have been enforced.

It was just that last post about everybody being registered for Sunday is eligible, that had me a little curious. :confused:

I guess secretly, there is a part of me that is glad most of those people will get a chance to ride on Mid-O thanks to Monte :up: . I just wanted to get some time on it for the events later in the year. :cool:

20. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

well,

it turns out STT (and monte) are good people afterall.
    thnx for making the effort to get a rain check for the sunday registrants! :beer: